OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably more than a couple of weeks... I broke a rib a little over a year ago, and I had surgery scheduled for about 6 weeks later. I remember being afraid that I wasn't sure if I could lay on my stomach for the surgery, but fortunately I was on my back anyway. I could have gone face down long enough for them to knock me out, so it was some better after six weeks, but not gone to the point of not being any problem.

Sorry to be negative... the first couple of weeks is definitely the worst, after that it's kind of more of a painful nuisance. It will get better, but be patient.
OH GREAT!!!!! Lol!
Yeah, it is hard to find a comfortable way to sleep at night. Hopefully the worse will be gone in a couple of weeks. I have been told by friends and family exactly what you said, expect at least 6 weeks.
It sucks for sure but just have to pick through.

My wife and I went out on the lake today. We anchored the boat and floated for a couple of hours. I did pretty good. A few things hurt like hell like climbing the ladder to get back in the boat and bending over,
The one thing I just couldn’t do was to pull the anchor up. That was horrible. My wife had to help get it up. She’s a trouper but I could tell it was hard for her. But she didn’t complain at all. Lol!
I hate it

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening from the hotter than hell NW in Idaho Falls Idaho. Hit 100 degrees today but only 15% humidity.
If you wonder how Idaho Falls got it’s name…
The Snake River runs through town.
C40A929C-DF38-4F15-98F1-9AD4424BCD1C.jpeg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good evening from the hotter than hell NW in Idaho Falls Idaho. Hit 100 degrees today but only 15% humidity.
The Snake River runs through town.View attachment 213748

You are up in some great scenic country. We have relatives that live in Mountain Home, ID. We have been to a lot of places up there when visiting them. Places like Craters of the Moon, EBR-1 (the world's first nuclear power facility up by Arco, ID), Malad Gorge State Park, Shoshone Falls, Minadoka Japanese Internment Camp, And if you go over by Mountain Home, there is another canyon south of the city. (The name of that canyon escapes me at the moment.)

I've got lots of pictures of Idaho at my Smugmug site.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Snake River runs through town.View attachment 213748
Looks like your living LARGE on the road....nice to be able to travel and see our great county....Enjoy your freedom....:thumbup3:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally remembered the name of that canyon south of Mountain Home, ID. It is Bruneau Canyon, and to get there one drives south and across an area close to a bombing range for the Mountain Home AFB. Getting out to Bruneau Canyon, one may see a sign like this one.

Facing west at the overlook and looking upriver, one sees this view.

Looking downstream, one gets this view.

Read this part of an informational sign located at Bruneau Canyon. Specifically, the part under "You Are A Long Way From Anywhere."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finally remembered the name of that canyon south of Mountain Home, ID. It is Bruneau Canyon, and to get there one drives south and across an area close to a bombing range for the Mountain Home AFB. Getting out to Bruneau Canyon, one may see a sign like this one.

Sign has a little collateral damage!😀
Don’t think we will make it to that area as it’s almost 4 hours one way from our current location, but it’s been noted for future reference.
Jackson Wyoming was today’s day trip. Expensive place to eat with burgers running $20 each.
21D69A35-3A26-4FB5-B845-58F43C03B101.jpeg
BB616894-A87D-49BE-9094-E51CEA522D11.jpeg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in Alabama to finish our work. Should take us from 3 to 5 or 6 weeks, depending on rain. We drove into Alabama to nice skies without any "threatening" clouds. By the time we got in place to start working some, those clouds became threatening and sure enough, it rained on us, stopping our work on about 20 miles of road. But, we did find some drier roads a bit further north and worked those roads.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife plans out work for each "next day's" work, and we might have gotten 30 of 200 (guessing on both numbers) before we got rained out for our work west of Pell City, AL. So, we headed east to see if we could work that way. Got back towards Pell City and roads were dry, so we worked a road all the way to the Georgia state line. Came back and work another 20 miles that went to the Georgia line. Got that and the same 20 miles back. Then, we got rained out again. However, the said we still got 170 miles worked today, which isn't bad, especially so when on considers that the state has assigned us a bunch of roads where we only collect the data in one direction. That 20 miles in the second road to Georgia is the only one worked today where we worked both ways. Unidirectional worked roads means that we get to dead-head a lot of miles to get the work done.

A picture from EBR-1 (Experimental Breeder Reactor - 1) of its generator. It was run by steam created by the very first nuclear generation facility. Just prior to big-wigs showing up to see the reactor work they tested the system by powering three light bulbs to make sure it worked. (Wouldn't want bigwigs to see an expensive project not work.) After it was discovered that the first powering up lit those bulbs, they sent the FBI out to check the bulbs for fingerprints of the people at the facility. They wanted the exact bulbs used in the test to give to the POTUS and two other VIP's. (Apparently, the workers had placed the bulbs back into the box with other bulbs after their first test.)

Part of the reactor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom