OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening gang,

Well today sure was a busy one. I started over at a neighbors this morning doing a bunch of little jobs for them. Changed out their shower drain, replaced the flush kits in the toilets, changed out a bunch of light bulbs and put new batteries in all of their smoke detectors. They wanted me to power wash their place and add an outside faucet but I talked them into waiting for spring for those two things.

Then this afternoon a friend of mine called me while I was out in the water and wants me to add a wooden seat to an old rope swing in some cove I’ve never heard of. It’s called Bikini Bottom Cove.
I asked him where it was and all he would say is, it on the north end of the lake. WELL HELL, that’s a big phucken part of the lake. He said I would know it when I saw it. What the phuck does that mean, he just rolled his eyes. He said “ let’s see how well you know your lake”. Well that was all I needed to hear.
4 1/2 hours later and $150 in gas I found the cove.

Bikini Bottom cove 😂
DE4F83CF-0507-42A4-9697-D5CDDA4BE852.jpeg
A83DD6AD-949F-45FD-A001-301C5AE03D9A.jpeg

I told him it will cost him $300. $150 for gas, $150 for my time running all over the north end of Grand lake. Actual coat of making the swing seat, $0.00. Lol!!!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening gang,

Well today sure was a busy one. I started over at a neighbors this morning doing a bunch of little jobs for them. Changed out their shower drain, replaced the flush kits in the toilets, changed out a bunch of light bulbs and put new batteries in all of their smoke detectors. They wanted me to power wash their place and add an outside faucet but I talked them into waiting for spring for those two things.

Then this afternoon a friend of mine called me while I was out in the water and wants me to add a wooden seat to an old rope swing in some cove I’ve never heard of. It’s called Bikini Bottom Cove.
I asked him where it was and all he would say is, it on the north end of the lake. WELL HELL, that’s a big phucken part of the lake. He said I would know it when I saw it. What the phuck does that mean, he just rolled his eyes. He said “ let’s see how well you know your lake”. Well that was all I needed to hear.

Bikini Bottom cove 😂
View attachment 224690View attachment 224691
I told him it will cost him $300. $150 for gas, $150 for my time running all over the north end of Grand lake. Actual coat of making the swing seat, $0.00. Lol!!!!
Gotta love redneck thinking to paint that trunk!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like it has been a bit since I commented here. Too busy with other things like sister's surgery and such.

Wife and I are now sitting in Huntsville, AL. We will be "sitting here" for more than one night or two. We got all the road survey redo's done yesterday and will send off the hard drives to the office this morning. Since the office isn't staffed on weekends, it will be Monday before they get the drives and have a chance to start checking the data to see if everything is good. The last couple of days was good clear skies, so the work went fast.

After we get word that the data is good, then we may be returning to Oklahoma to swap out vans and go do redo's in Georgia. After that, we have some work yet to do in Alabama with the van having a different "system" than our current van. There is about 2000 miles that is needed to be done with a van having the two-laser system. (Our current van has a one-laser system.)

Our "Summer job" may last until almost Thanksgiving. (Probably shouldn't, but weather can upset all the apple carts.)

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening gang,

Bikini Bottom cove 😂
View attachment 224690View attachment 224691
I bet you won't forget where his cove is at......Great marker....!!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honey do day. Moved some file cabinets to the shop as the wife needed more room in the garage for file cabinets to hold her moms records.
Replaced the drivers side seat instrument panel that moves the seats back and forth and so on. Somehow she got a pants leg caught on it and broke the supports.
Took it to the windshield shop to get the windshield replaced after a rock got thrown from a vehicle that passed us last week. The star turned into a crack before we could get home and get it fixed.
Fixed her dinner.
Tomorrow is a me day. Going to fill the feeders after buying 3040 lbs of corn at the COOP, replace camera batteries, and generally loaf around at the farms.
I love being out there where there is generally not another human in sight for days at times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom