OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a little spell with all of them a couple 2 or 3 years ago. But other than that pretty much 100% delivered. Although for some reason it seems most of the FedEx stuff runs a day or two longer to get here.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW - if you ship slower options with FedEx, it sometimes goes under SmartPost which means they hand off the package to the USPS somewhere along the line then it goes through their processing centers. Those will have whacky tracking going to multiple states or saying it's in OKC then next day it's in Dallas. If it's standard FedEx shipping, I've found their tracking to be pretty accurate.

All that said, I had a package delivered yesterday. Got email confirmation it had been delivered but I walked outside and nothing. About 10 mins later I hear the driver by the garage dropping the package by garage door not the front door. I asked her why it showed delivered earlier. She stated when she gets in our subdivision(25 homes) she scans every package as delivered THEN goes to each door and just drops them off.

A driver for FedEx or UPS is grueling and don't think most here realize what they go through each day for 10+ hours every day. And, they started doing 7 day deliveries which is horrible when you're looking to hire 100,000 drivers!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of our packages, including the accelerometer and cable showed up this morning. The three plastic cases with hard drives for the van's computers were two days getting here, but the accelerometer and and cable arrived overnight. The sad thing is that ALL of them were shipped "Overnight," but only the one package arrived overnight.

What really ticked us off though, was that I asked at the front desk two times about the package with the replacement parts and twice was told it wasn't there. Our manager back in OK told us that the tracking information said it was delivered. So wife went down and confronted the young lady about the package. She even asked my wife what the package would look like. Kind of hard for us to know since we weren't involved with shipping. She finally looked at the package and saw the wife's name on it.

Good help can be hard to find at times.

Anyway, we replaced the accelerometer and everything is now good to go. If we continue to have good weather without rain, we could be done and back in OK in two or three weeks. We are ready for that.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning all. Sitting on our patio, enjoying a good hot mug of coffee, and trying to decide where to go first this morning. I’m pretty sure the day will involve a good lunch and then a short, but enjoyable session of range time.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doctor's appointment today. This weather is killing me. Used to be just my head -- now it's all the way down my spine into my hips. I broke down and bought a cane the other day but still been too stubborn to use it. I think today might be the day I give in. Ugh.

Other than that I'm enjoying this cooler weather. Wish it wasn't quite so wet bit we do need the rain, I suppose.

Make it a good day guys. Miserable though it may be this is the last one of these. Tomorrow will be more of the same so ... Like my dad used to always say ... Don't let the bastards wear you down. And laugh while you are going on. It pisses the ******* bastards off!! Haha! 😁

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Slept in again this morning. Don’t remember the last time I slept in back to back mornings. Maybe I’m on a roll.

Anyway it’s the weekend for all of you who missed that piece of information. Get out and enjoy while you can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom