OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, got the weatherstripping and insulation work done yesterday, wood gathered for the fireplace, and the flannel sheets go on the bed tomorrow. A little more grocery stocking for those really 'bad' days and I'm ready for the worst of Mother Natures winter season.

Of course, now the weather news is calling for above average temps in Oklahoma this winter - figures 😏

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Made it to our destination yesterday at Lafayette La.
Cajun food has always been a favorite. State championship Gumbo contest coming up as one of the reasons for being here. RV friends meet up is the primary.
Let the party begin!
Edit: Toured the Tabasco factory today at Avery Island. Amazing place with one of my suspicions confirmed.
Growing up as a kid a couple drops on eggs at breakfast was enough to light up the taste buds.
Bright red thicker sauce that took a shake to get out those drops.
Now it is lighter in color, thinner in consistency, needing more to get to that flavor I love.
Going through the gift shop at the end of the tour, I spotted bottles of “legacy” sauce.
It’s only sold at the gift shop, nowhere else, but the sample brought back memories of how much better it used to be and how much heat it carried in the original recipe. Bought enough to last a long, long time.
At the sample station we tried different varieties on ice cream. Man, some of that was totally impressive. Fire and ice with the fire at a low level.
After the factory tour, did the drive through the Jungle Tour on Avery Island.
Amazing live oaks with Spanish moss hanging everywhere.
Gators in the bayous along the drive. Totally wild animals.

2505E37B-6DAC-415B-96EE-26B2B2A16C0C.jpeg
84D34957-3040-4A99-9A93-601FFED6D1F2.jpeg
7FD3A388-175E-4F6C-BC71-03DEFFC8D895.jpeg

Last edited:

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Morning ladies and germs.
Coffee flowing and brain cells stirring.

I hope everyone has a chamber of commerce kind of day. Maybe get some.

@dennishoddy I don’t know if you have or even thought of it but we always enjoy touring a couple 2 or 3 of the old plantations down there. Might not be your cup of tea but we find it interesting.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning, All.

Wife made an observation this morning about something that Alabama must be lacking...

...she woke up yesterday with a bug bite on her ankle. She commented that in all the time we were in Alabama, she never got a bite.

Now that we are back to "retired," I've got a few "to-dos" to do today. I need to replace the water pressure device on our water supply hose, then I've got an LED bulb to replace in the bathroom of the RV, and then I need to replace all the batteries in our indoor/outdoor wireless thermometer components. The display on the thermometer is totally blank, so I know its batteries are dead, so I probably need to replace them all.

Now that our Summer job is done, we need to think about heading out somewhere. A trip to Idaho to see relatives (and take pictures) is kind of in the works. We initially thought of going up to stay for about a month, but that length of time might not happen. We have set up medical, dental, and vision appointments, most of which are in December. And since our Summer job took us into November, we've only a few weeks before my first medical appointment. (Annual physical)

Last year, we took some time and drove up to South Dakota to see the Badlands, Mount Rushmore, and the Black Hills. On our way up, we passed through Nebraska's "national forest." Is, or was, anyone else surprised to hear that Nebraska had a national forest?

XDTime

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

@dennishoddy I don’t know if you have or even thought of it but we always enjoy touring a couple 2 or 3 of the old plantations down there. Might not be your cup of tea but we find it interesting.
Wife and I visit a plantation every year while in Baton Rouge for the Christmas Holidays. It amazing to step back in time and see what life was like so long ago.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Plantation tour is in the works after a bayou swamp tour in an airboat tomorrow.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spent a couple of days down at the ranch.....the weather was great and all the trees were changing color...........here are a couple of pic's... I love this time of year...!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0769.jpg
    IMG_0769.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0770.jpg
    IMG_0770.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0771.jpg
    IMG_0771.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0772 (1).jpg
    IMG_0772 (1).jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0773 (1).jpg
    IMG_0773 (1).jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0774.jpg
    IMG_0774.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0775.jpg
    IMG_0775.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0776.jpg
    IMG_0776.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 20

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Evening guys ... Slow night at work. Yawn ... Only a couple hours left -- unless my night auditor is still sick. EVERY one keeps talking about how awful his "stomach bug" is. I'm almost convinced, given how long it's gone on, that he might have COVID. So far I'm good ... Others, ehhhhh ... We shall see. It might be they are just riding the gravy train for a few extra days off. Thank goodness for Ivermectin. 🤗

Latest posts

Top Bottom