OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening, guys,
Just got back into town. The wife and I drove down to Tulsa from the lake house and worked 10 hours then drove on down here to Yukon. Looks like we just missed all the severe weather that is just now going through northeast Oklahoma. So glad we left when we did.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Made it as far as Winfield, Alabama today. First stop tomorrow is at the Natural Bridge.

Coming across I-40 west of Memphis, there was a horrible 18-wheeler accident on the westbound side. The cab of the truck was pretty much destroyed. No idea as to cause, but it had I-40 backed up westbound for a pretty good number of miles. In addition, a parallel highway just south of I-40 was also backed up for miles. The eastbound side was backed up some, but mostly because of rubber-necking from the drivers.

If anyone survived that wreck, it would only be because of a miracle. Almost 62 years of licensed driving, and I've NEVER seen a wreck that bad nor a highway that far backed up.

Memphis Westbound I40 Truck Accident.jpg

Memphis I-40 West Truck Wreck

Last edited:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spent some time at the Arches (Natural Bridges) several years ago. It's amazing what can be just a short distance from the highway!! And most will never know!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent some time at the Arches (Natural Bridges) several years ago. It's amazing what can be just a short distance from the highway!! And most will never know!

Which ones are you referring to? The ones in Utah or somewhere else? Besides Arches National Park, there is one in Wyoming called the Ayers Natural Bridge and then this one here in Alabama. I've pictures of some of those in Utah and of the Wyoming one. The one in Wyoming is supposed to be one of only three in the U.S. that actually has live water running under it. Not sure where the other two are located.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning guys.
Getting packed up. Going to pick up a friend and drive up to Tulsa this morning. We are flying out to Las Vegas for a convention and to go to the NFR. We have a good friend that is killing it out there in the Team Roping.
Have a great day!

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which ones are you referring to? The ones in Utah or somewhere else? Besides Arches National Park, there is one in Wyoming called the Ayers Natural Bridge and then this one here in Alabama. I've pictures of some of those in Utah and of the Wyoming one. The one in Wyoming is supposed to be one of only three in the U.S. that actually has live water running under it. Not sure where the other two are located.

I used to live in Utah --- been to the park there. Was at the Alabama park several years ago -- I think I mentioned this site to you before y'all went to Alabama. Wasn't aware of the Wyoming site.

Let us know your review of the Alabama site!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to live in Utah --- been to the park there. Was at the Alabama park several years ago -- I think I mentioned this site to you before y'all went to Alabama. Wasn't aware of the Wyoming site.

Let us know your review of the Alabama site!

I don't have the pictures uploaded to my Smugmug yet, so I can't show any pictures. However, we did enjoy the Natural Bridge park and its "roughly" 1 mile trail. I took just over 200 photos of the bridge and the trail areas. It was definitely worth going to, although I now wish we had gone closer to noon when the light would be better. We arrived at 8:00 am when they opened. I started out with one camera, and then had to go back and get a second camera with the wide angle lens.

After Natural Bridge, we headed down to the Mobile area. We are staying in a Hampton Inn hotel in Daphne on the East Shore. One of the perks of the Summer job is that we stay in hotels so much that we gain high status in the hotel rewards programs. Because we are Diamond members, they upgraded us to a 4th floor room with balcony that faces Mobile Bay. I got some pretty fair sunset pictures from the balcony this evening. We got here just in time to get those pictures.

Tomorrow, we go to Battleship Park to see the USS Alabama, the USS Drum, and the aircraft and other displays in the buildings and around the grounds.

As for Utah, we have been to all five of the national parks out there. When we worked there in late 2017 and into 2018, we visited Zion and Bryce Canyon. Last year (2020), we spent 3 weeks in Utah and Arizona. During that trip, we visited Arches, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef national parks.

Dang beautiful country out there.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update: I got the photos uploaded to Smugmug this evening. The wifi here at the Hampton Inn in Daphne, AL is awesome.

A picture or two of the Natural Bridge park. There is a pathway up and around and inside the area of the bridge. This one was taken from up inside the "cave" that is formed there.

This one from outside as one approaches the bridge. Because I started with a less wide angle lens and that camera has the lower file names of the two cameras, if one is looking at the folder with all the pictures in it, one sees all the photos taken with the Nikon Z6 with the 24-70mm f/2.8 lens first. The last 54 images were taken with the Nikon D810 with the 14-24mm f/2.8 lens.

The area has a number of rock formations, including some cave-like overhangs.

There is a gift shop there as well.

We arrived at our hotel just in time to get a few pictures from the balcony of our hotel room. Here is one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom