OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning guys,
It’s a chilly morning up here on Grand. Heading back to OKC this morning for our company Christmas party.
Have a great Saturday!

Drive safely. (In other words, look out for the other guy.)

We got out new Real ID driver's licenses in the mail yesterday. With all the stories we heard regarding how hard it was to get in somewhere to get them, we weren't sure how it would work out. We started to go to the "supercenter" in OKC, but the wife's sister was along and she needed to get an Oklahoma license since she just moved from Kansas. From what we read, the supercenter wouldn't be able to help her, so we went to the DPS office near 36th and MLK Blvd.

While it did take maybe an hour and a half, we were pleased when the DPS employee came out to check on who had what numbers for calling in order. Come to find out, she had been calling numbers and no one was showing up at her station. She got all of our numbers and then checked with folks in another waiting area to see if any of them were needing licenses. Three ladies in that area were in the wrong area for waiting and probably wasn't hearing the announcements. That is possibly what happened to those that weren't responding to the calls, and they probably just decided to leave.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finished our first Christmas celebration with Wife's family today at our place. Ribs and smoked turkey on the menu that turned out great. Great gifts for the kids with 7 of them in attendance. Everyone gone by 7pm. The silence was deafening when they were all gone. Wore us smooth out. Kids are meant for young folks! :laugh6:
Next Friday on Christmas eve for my family's traditional celebration.
Saturday we hit the road in the RV. Arizona here we come! :rubhands:

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finished our first Christmas celebration with Wife's family today at our place. Ribs and smoked turkey on the menu that turned out great. Great gifts for the kids with 7 of them in attendance. Everyone gone by 7pm. The silence was deafening when they were all gone. Wore us smooth out. Kids are meant for young folks! :laugh6:
Next Friday on Christmas eve for my family's traditional celebration.
Saturday we hit the road in the RV. Arizona here we come! :rubhands:
I envy you and your wife's RV trips.....keep us in the loop with great pics and stories.....!!!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK. This comment is for test purposes to see if I can embed or link to a video I took at Ruby Falls in Tennessee recently. I'm not positive of how the forum software works with video, so if it all goes south, I may have to edit this and just say "Howdy" or something.

Here goes:

https://terrymiller.smugmug.com/Tennessee-Sights-and-Attractions/Ruby-Falls-Video/i-LvcRqGM/A
OK. Embedding didn't work, so I then put in the "link" to the video and it is working. Now, I just need to remember to not try embedding video like I do with photos.

When one does a video with a digital SLR camera (or mirrorless in this case), even though one holds the camera in the portrait mode (vertically), the end result is a landscape mode (horizontally) that makes a waterfall work sideways. It took me a while with Photoshop Elements 15 to figure out how to rotate the video, get it to the proper size for all of it to show, and then to export it instead of trying to "save" it.

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Morning fellas. Slept in a little bit because this cold weather makes up upper back draw up in ways I cannot explain. Which works its way all the way up my neck to cause a crazy brutal headache. I gotta shake it off, though, cuz I have some wheelin' and dealin' to do today. 🤷

Hope everyone stays warm and has a good day! 😘

Latest posts

Top Bottom