OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, this has been an interesting couple of days…

Yeppers...

...maybe I should post more pictures with the hopes that folks don't "go too far?"

Black Canyon of the Gunnison up in Colorado.

And for those on the forums that just feel the need for it, here's a cliff from which they can jump.

I kid family and friends that I am "living on the edge" with how I kid my wife and others. I also tend to want to get to the edges of cliffs and take pictures straight down. I did this last photo in 2010 when we were touring around Colorado with the wife's oldest sister and her husband. Wife's sister told me to not take even one more step towards the edge, so I definitely took that one more step and took that last picture.

By the way, we are back at home for a couple of weeks. While in Alabama a few days ago, one of the systems on the work van "broke," so we were told to bring the van back and let the technicians work on it. Wife has a surgery tomorrow to "bypass" the tear duct at one of her eyes, so we will be out for her medical needs for that length of time. At present, we don't know if we will go back to Alabama to finish that work or be assigned elsewhere, possibly in north Texas or the Texas Panhandle.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning folks.

1656940595698.png

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey!! @MacFromOK how you been, buddy?? Miss seeing your posts. Hope you are doing okay.
Hi kiddo (and everyone). :wave:

Hope you're feeling better and everyone is doing great. :)

I'm doing good physically (still losing weight), but the loss of Sweetie still hammers me pretty good some days (usually hits without warning). And my only remaining sibling (sister, 78yrs) is now in a nursing home in Texas with dementia, which breaks my heart. I've visited her once, and hope to do so a couple times a month while she's still (mostly) herself. Sometimes when it rains, it really pours.

On a brighter note... the girl that helped with Sweetie during her last few months (and myself when I was so sick in January) still does the housework, and has become a dear friend that I find myself leaning on a good bit (probably more than I should). I try to help her out some as well, but our friendship seems pretty lop-sided (with me getting the better part) from my point of view. And for those of you wondering... NO. We're just friends. :D

Anywho... Prayers and good wishes are still greatly appreciated. This is a long row to hoe.

Y'all take care, and HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! :thumb:
___

Latest posts

Top Bottom