OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks just like the one at the Territorial Prison in Rawlings Wyoming that we toured as well. The young lady in pink was the tour guide. Extremely knowledgeable, she had an answer for every question.
The little hole in the wall above the back of the chair in the last pic is where the prison Doctor ran the tube for a stethoscope that was taped to the prisoners chest so he could determine the inmate had died.

View attachment 287238View attachment 287239View attachment 287241
I always wondered why these chambers were made so stoutly? They look nothing short of being a blast proof, bullet resistant, bunker. I mean, it's not like the prisoner is going to escape or be rescued by some unruly hoard of savages.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always wondered why these chambers were made so stoutly? They look nothing short of being a blast proof, bullet resistant, bunker. I mean, it's not like the prisoner is going to escape or be rescued by some unruly hoard of savages.

Perhaps they are made so stoutly because they will soon be filled with a deadly gas? If it wasn't built stoutly, I doubt many would want to be present to "witness the execution."

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps they are made so stoutly because they will soon be filled with a deadly gas? If it wasn't built stoutly, I doubt many would want to be present to "witness the execution."
Even a small room with glass or 'plexiglass' walls would be more than adequate to contain any poisonous gases. It would be interesting [to me] to see what the 'gas chamber' specifications had looked like and also see whether the contracts had been awarded to the Germans . . . whom always seem to over-engineer everything 😂

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ugh ... Rough morning guys. Lost a rabbit to the heat some time yesterday after 2 (I checked on everybody and made sure they had plenty of water before I went to work) and this morning. This makes only the second one I've lost in all my years of rabbit-keeping to heat. Breaks my heart cuz I know she suffered.😢😢😢

Today is my Friday. Yeah!! I have 15 packages of baby carrots to can, probably 6-7 pints of pear preserves to put up (I peeled and cored pears night before last to get ready) and I need to thaw out all the ground beef in the freezer so I can can it. We will defrost the freezer and replace that with fresh meat. Oh and I bought 2 cases of cherries to make cherry preserves and cherry pie filling too. Poor Grumpy -- boy is he in for a surprise ... 😛😘 Cuz he's gonna "get" to help ...

Oh I forgot -- I have some odd-ball extras laying around too -- potatoes, onions, apples -- that I think I'm gonna toss in jars and can up also. I don't think we are gonna be able to eat it all before it spoils and I don't want to waste anything.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make sure to step out on the open train car once in awhile. It’s kinda neat looking up at the bridge above you… Puts a whole different perspective on the size of the gorge.
Did the train today. Ate an expensive so-so meal in the Teddy Rosevelt car and spent the rest of the trip in the open car.
Dang it was hot. 101* in Canon City today.

1B729C6A-6B71-42F5-B621-FB67AC55D828.jpeg
622BA223-EE84-4D20-AC3F-D7CA6D84C7F0.jpeg

C113133E-EFDF-4764-B6CF-CD75BD03C5EE.jpeg

872C74E7-6356-4FF1-98B3-9F05D1E6C00B.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom