OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I actually saw a Bentley automobile for the first time ever....

....read all the way to the bottom for the irony.

Kindly ignore the finger in the last photo. That is what I get for taking pictures with my cell phone instead of a Nikon

The irony is that this vehicle was parked at a Walmart store in Commerce, Texas, a town with a total of just over 9000 people. Now, in all honesty, Commerce is home to one of the Texas A&M colleges, so during the school year, the population may be higher.

Or, maybe it belongs to a Texas A&M professor?

Keep your eyes open when you're in Enid. You'll see one around here.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno nuffin' 'bout this kinda stuff but I'm about to learn. I'm done foolin' with contractors who don't do what they say they are gonna do, leaving **** half-assed and thinking it's good enough. My grandpa was a self-taught carpenter. I wish I'd paid more attention when I was a kid but it is what it is.

First order of business is to clean out the dining room, put baseboards in, trim out the picture window, build some ledges for the kittens to hang out in in the window and some shelving for some potted herbs. Then finish texturing the walls (thank God the ceiling is done; working overhead kills my upper back now), paint, put the table and chairs together and take stock.

I'd eventually like to replace that window but I need to crawl before I walk. Then on to the living room and entry way. Man do I have my work cut out for me. 😬
Start with small jobs to get your confidence. Remember that YouTube is your friend. You can learn how to do just about anything on YouTube.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening folks.
Well the wife and I finished up our kitchen reno this morning. I just had to grout the back splash and she recover the dining room chairs. It now is so much brighter in here and looks more like a lake house kitchen.
Even one of our dogs helped out and thought he was getting a new play area. Lol.
FCEA854A-EE02-43C6-8955-DC1802D18DDD.jpeg
A503BA9D-1029-4275-81F0-4B1BD8B1D501.jpeg
5B941B2A-CFC3-4D73-B5DC-DF1FF56F00EF.jpeg
57AF581C-0E53-47BD-8A60-6E613DB36FF1.jpeg
B2CEAD8B-BF5E-4CC7-995E-7A99A32F2E29.jpeg
9B84885E-47BD-44FB-A905-2D6BDE823E8D.jpeg
05F5E761-8ABC-4890-9370-47D9A487F61E.jpeg

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it looks like we will finally get to get our of the Greenville, TX area. We had another good day with equipment yesterday, so we are departing the hotel in Greenville this morning. We will work throughout the day, and then towards evening, we'll check into one in Sulphur Springs, TX for a few days.

According to the wife, we now have around 1700 assigned miles yet to do, so we could be back home in 2 to 3 weeks.
My dads family is from around S.S., TX, and I actually had my tonsils took out when I was a kid in the Greenville hospital (early/mid 80's). We lived in Commerce,Yantis, Winnsboro, and Quitman areas over the years.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a rough Friday/weekend, mentally speaking. I think between my wife being out of pocket a lot lately with her mom's hospital/surgery stuff, my house project hanging overhead still, and starting a new job that has been a lot bigger change than I expected, its kinda hit me all at once. I now feel a lot more empathy for anyone that has anxiety attacks, I'll just sum it up that way...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dads family is from around S.S., TX, and I actually had my tonsils took out when I was a kid in the Greenville hospital (early/mid 80's). We lived in Commerce,Yantis, Winnsboro, and Quitman areas over the years.

We've worked the area around all of those places but Quitman.

But, on another topic, we will be glad to get the heck out of Texas. Some of the drivers down here are the worst I've seen, and I've been a licensed driver for over 62 years, including time as a professional driver.

We worked the last of our assigned area of I-30 today, including the access roads on both sides, and then did a few more assigned roads as well. We are now down to having about 1100 miles yet to work.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom