OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK. Whatcha' shootin'???
That’s a Blaser BBF 97 combo gun 12 ga over 308 topped with a Schmidt Bender 1.25-4 illuminated scope. I shot the doe with the 308 even though she was close enough for the buckshot.
So, was your niece out hunting with you, and if she was, did she get anything? Or, did you save the buck so she could get it later?
I was hunting alone. I didn’t know until after the fact, but my brother didn’t even have a stand out this morning. He and my niece hunted this evening but didn’t see anything.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Home after another weekend with the kids.

They are getting older and as time goes on "hanging out with the old man" becomes less important to them. I still get time with them, just not as much as I used to. Knowing this day would come doesn't make it any easier to accept I guess. But I will continue to be there nearly every weekend if for no other reason to to assure them I'm always there for them.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good evening folks,

Just drove back in from Dallas. Had a great trip in. I got in with a group of vehicles doing 90mph and i just hung with them. Made it back much quicker than getting down there.

Hope you all had a great weekend.
I assume that was on I-35?
I’m not much of a speeder but do drive with the flow. Several years ago I got in a group north of OKC on 35, and we averaged 94 all the way to Blackwell where I turn off to go west. It made the 65mph on Hwy 11 feel like I was crawling along.

We had a little storm come through last night here in east TX, and of course, the power went out. Nothing pisses my wife off worse than no power. I literally just cranked the generator and walked back into the house, and it was back on. She’s still pissy from the minor inconvenience, but that’s her student’s problem and not mine today. :woohoo1:

Last edited:

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday went fairly well for me; today, I was back at the VA for lab work first thing, and I must say it was probably the smoothest blood draw I've ever experienced. I'm a big wimp with needles, but I made sure to compliment the nurse and tell her how good she did. My primary care doc heard them call my name, and stuck her head in to check on me as well. I really like the care I've gotten at the Clinton VA clinic so far!

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday went fairly well for me; today, I was back at the VA for lab work first thing, and I must say it was probably the smoothest blood draw I've ever experienced. I'm a big wimp with needles, but I made sure to compliment the nurse and tell her how good she did. My primary care doc heard them call my name, and stuck her head in to check on me as well. I really like the care I've gotten at the Clinton VA clinic so far!
That's great to hear Clint!

Latest posts

Top Bottom