OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone.

I have a question for you -- I had ankle surgery a few years ago and my ankle/foot have never been the same. Read: WAY worse pain, strength and flexibility wise since even though I did everything the doc told me to. Can you point me to some YouTube videos for strengthening and improving my flexibility in my feet and ankles?? I have watched (and tried) a few but I'm wondering if the ones I've found are a bit too advanced for me at this stage of the game. All I seem to be doing is increasing my swelling and pain level -- no increases in flexibility or strength. Thanks a ton!!

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question for you -- I had ankle surgery a few years ago and my ankle/foot have never been the same. Read: WAY worse pain, strength and flexibility wise since even though I did everything the doc told me to. Can you point me to some YouTube videos for strengthening and improving my flexibility in my feet and ankles?? I have watched (and tried) a few but I'm wondering if the ones I've found are a bit too advanced for me at this stage of the game. All I seem to be doing is increasing my swelling and pain level -- no increases in flexibility or strength. Thanks a ton!!
I’d be happy to. Give me a little while to get some together.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
May I ask exactly what kind of surgery you had done on your ankle?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May I ask exactly what kind of surgery you had done on your ankle?

I don't know the technical term but basically he made an incision around that knobby bone on the outside of my right ankle and pulled the tendons tight to stop my ankle from rolling. Years of wearing heels and multiple strains had not torn those muscles/tendons but had stretched them and made my ankle extremely "wobbly" and unstable. It is not wobbly any longer but it is still unstable. I now have to wear Danners most of the time so that my boots can support that ankle even though it now feels very stiff. I cannot go up or down stairs or steps without holding onto something because my ankle will not support that movement at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom