OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. Was told that this years vaccine was only about 50% effective. Or, it could be an entirely different strain of flu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That 50% effective or different strain seems to be every year. Some of our weather people must also predict the strain of flu vaccine needed.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found a little info on the never-lube bearings.

https://www.etrailer.com/faq-popular-wheel-bearings.aspx

Down near the bottom of the page. Maybe Terry’s guy knows what he is talking about.

It's more than just the one guy. I've been in touch with at least three different sources that are RV mechanics. In addition to the above, the Never-Lube bearings are the ones for the 8000 lb axles that are labeled as 50mm bearings. And, those bearings are ones that always have to be put in and taken out with a press.

Whatever some may think, I'm not clueless on this topic. As far as bearings are concerned, we used to live and work on a farm/ranch, so I've dealt with a lot of bearings over the years.

Mack45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It just didn’t sound right, new axles instead of just replacing the bearings. I guess Dexter must have had a lot of problems with the nev-r-lube bearings and quit making them. I see that you can still find replacements, but like you said, Chinese mfg. I always preferred a bearing that you could lube to a sealed unit. Sounds like your new axles are still made by Dexter and are the newer e-z-lube design.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It just didn’t sound right, new axles instead of just replacing the bearings. I guess Dexter must have had a lot of problems with the nev-r-lube bearings and quit making them. I see that you can still find replacements, but like you said, Chinese mfg. I always preferred a bearing that you could lube to a sealed unit. Sounds like your new axles are still made by Dexter and are the newer e-z-lube design.

I got some great information about bearings once. A major manufacturer of machine tools had a sales team into the company to sell us some of the latest technology CNC machining centers.
They bragged about the “lifetime “ bearing lubrication guarantee. No grease zerks. No lube required for the life of the bearing.
One guy questioned what exactly is a lifetime lube guarantee and how long will these bearings last?
The sales guy never blinked and commented that the lifetime of a bearing is until it fails.
Well, that comment didn’t set well with maintenance folks that worked with bearings on a daily basis and knew the majority of bearing failure was due to lube failure. Other factors of course, but lube being #1.
His sales pitch didn’t work well for him.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The source of the original axles are from Lippert Components, Inc. That is also the source of the new axles. Now, who actually manufactured the bearings is a question that I don't have an answer for. Did Lippert use Dexter hubs and bearings? All I know is that Lippert no longer supplies hubs nor bearings for the Never-Lube. I am glad that we will have bearings that can be inspected and lubed as needed. Because the Never-Lube have to be pressed in and out, they can't really be inspected very well.

But all this said, this below is why we are doing all this.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two beef ones are pretty good btw. This coffee mug holds about 1 1/2 cups of liquid.
Turns out two bouillon cubes got too salty pretty quick. :D

Ordered some Wyler's chicken bouillon powder, and it arrived today. Not as good as the chicken granules we had (apparently they no longer make those?). This powder tastes almost as much like celery as it does chicken. :/

I like celery, it's just not what I expected.
:drunk2:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Up near Arco, Idaho, which is not too far from Craters of the Moon, is the area where nuclear generation of electricity was first done. It is called EBR-1 and is now a museum. Very fascinating place to see. In addition to being the first nuclear generation facility, it also was involved with testing for removing nuclear materials from Three Mile Island.

The first "generator" was capable of generating enough electricity for the facility itself. Later facilities generated enough to supply electricity for Arco, if I remember right.

This device is actually a "model" of the device that was created for transporting the nuclear material from Three Mile Island. They did the testing of this device to see if it would "breach" when dropped or otherwise damaged.

Latest posts

Top Bottom