OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife’s had both of her knees replaced. What kind of trouble is your wife having?

Still has lots of pain (her tolerance though is rather low) and still can't get close to the flex angle the PT folks are shooting for. She is still having me drive her everywhere and that's driving me bonkers. I'll probably have to piss her off first for this to change. Oh well, guess it could certainly be worse.

:anyone:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife had her left knee replaced the middle of December is still having a rough time with it. I'm hoping that it'll get easier soon ---for the both of us!!

I remember some years back when Mustang was having their "Western Days" parade and such, our church went out with a booth/tent to give out free bottles of water to those there to view the parade. While we were there, one older gentleman came walking up using two canes. I struck up a conversation with him because I was impressed that with needing two canes, he still came to the parade.

He explained that he had both knees replaced and that he was determined to get in a regimen of walking. He claimed to be doing pretty good, and then he said that his sister had one knee replaced a year before, and because she wasn't doing any walking, she was still having issues with her knee.

If I ever need a replacement, I certainly plan on doing the walking. Wife and I still go walk at least 2 miles most every day even now. At present, my knee issues are more along the line of "discomfort" rather than outright pain. If I step wrong in some way, I do feel pain, but most of the time it isn't bad.

Prayers for your wife. Oh, and for you as well. Sounds like you could use a bit more patience.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good evening all. 4 of us did a three mile hike on the Hieroglyphic trail at the base of the Superstition Mountains today. The trail has an elevation rise of 680’.
It ends at a small pool where the ancient natives left petroglyphs by the hundreds on the rocks around this water hole. It was an important place as there isn’t any other water nearby.

This is where we are headed.
View attachment 352124

The petroglyphs.
View attachment 352129View attachment 352130

Now to take the hike back down.
View attachment 352131

Another great day in the desert.

Sure looked like some gnarly looking critters on those rocks. Those petroglyphs and pictrograms are all over that part of the country. Petrified Forest National Park had some, one at a place called "Newspaper Rock" that was really limited in size, and there was another area in the park that was called Puerco Pueblo that had more of them. Then, up in Utah near the Needles District of Canyonlands National Park, there was a much bigger "Newspaper Rock."

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still has lots of pain (her tolerance though is rather low) and still can't get close to the flex angle the PT folks are shooting for. She is still having me drive her everywhere and that's driving me bonkers. I'll probably have to piss her off first for this to change. Oh well, guess it could certainly be worse.

:anyone:
Your wife sounds like mine, and yes, you’re going to have to piss her off. The only way she’s going to get better is to work that knee (pain or not). From personal experience, she’ll thank you for pissing her off later.
Is her physical therapist a man or a woman?
My wife had a woman the first time, and that was a big part of the problem. She wouldn’t push my wife and make her try to improve, and I ended up having to piss the therapist off too. Before it was over, I “fired” the home health agency and told them not to come back. I also called the insurance company and told them not to pay any more bills from the home health agency.
My wife’s second knee replacement was a 100% better experience.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bad day to be a chicken at our house!

20230225_122221.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom