OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, my day didn't start out so good. We got some rain last night so when I noticed water standing in the back yard when letting the dog out I didn't pay any attention. Wife comes in my office shortly after and asks if I noticed the water running out of the pool. WTF? So, I walk out and there's a stream of water coming out of a hole in the side of our above ground pool. Honestly looks like a .30 caliber bullet hole. There are no seams or rivets by the hole and it appeared to be from the outside. Going to start draining the pool over lunch - 18,000 gallons! Would put on the yard but we've had a few good rains recently so doesn't need it. Still scratching my head over what is the root cause.

Honestly doubt I'll find a bullet in the pool after it's drained but that's my story for now. Stuffed a piece of a rag into the hole to stop the flooding. Going to be calling around for pool repairs.
Keep us posted on your investigation. By any chance, was any mowing done close by yesterday? I’ve seen a flying rock do similar damage.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning all, been a busy week at work, but here's a sunrise pic for yall, this is looking towards OK from about 10 miles into the TX panhandle...

20230323_073046.jpg
20230323_073111.jpg

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep us posted on your investigation. By any chance, was any mowing done close by yesterday? I’ve seen a flying rock do similar damage.
No mowing done. Pool is in back yard with 6' wooden privacy fence. Thought it might have been a rivet but not along a seam. Here's a pic of the pool(orange dot is a rag that's plugging the hole) and you can see the fence. Next pic is of the hole with water running out.

Got one estimate from sending pics to a pool company. $3400!!! DAMM!
pool 2.jpg
pool hole.jpg

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Upper GI went as expected yesterday but after coming back from the range this morning around 10:30 I was in the garage cleaning the gun and all of a suuden a eye floater popped up and I haven't had one in 2-3 years......normally they are thin hair shaped but picture in your mind a dried up dead spider on it's back with it's legs curled up that you found when cleaning out the shed or garage, that's kinda what it looks like and it's still there.

Called my opthamologist (that I see routinely every six months because of having diabetes and just being an old fart) around 2:00 this afternoon after trying drops several times unsuccessfully to flush it out and ask if I should just wait till Monday to see if it goes away and she told me to have my a$$ in her office at 9:30 tomorrow morning.

Seems like if it ain't one damn thing it's another.

Latest posts

Top Bottom