OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My nephew and I got the show steers dropped off at the processor, so I have a couple weeks to locate and acquire another freezer.

I’m still texting and talking to the firemen trying to get the fire put out on my place, but it sounds like they’ve about got it under control.

Alfalfa county OK can’t buy rain, but my place here in east TX has got over 3” in the last 24 hours.
I know some Comanche’s that will come up and perform a rain dance for a couple cases of beer.

I haven’t searched for a freezer in awhile, but they were pretty dang expensive the last time that I looked around. Good luck with your search.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know some Comanche’s that will come up and perform a rain dance for a couple cases of beer.

I haven’t searched for a freezer in awhile, but they were pretty dang expensive the last time that I looked around. Good luck with your search.
I’m looking for one second hand. I’ve never bought a new one. Both of my current freezers were bought second hand in the early 90’s and have served me well for 32 years on the first and 30 years on the second. They’ve both been moved at least 7 times and still freeze Blue Bell so hard you can’t scoop it. I have room for half a steer, but I just need freezer space for the other half until I can get it divied up to my boys and in-laws.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m looking for one second hand. I’ve never bought a new one. Both of my current freezers were bought second hand in the early 90’s and have served me well for 32 years on the first and 30 years on the second. They’ve both been moved at least 7 times and still freeze Blue Bell so hard you can’t scoop it. I have room for half a steer, but I just need freezer space for the other half until I can get it divied up to my boys and in-laws.
I could store half a beef in one of my freezers if it'd help. Not exactly on your way to/from Alfalfa county but could meet. I just need the freezer space in June when we get our beef processed.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I guess I can't help you in that search, especially since I don't know where you live in East Texas. Now, if you were in the OKC area, I know of a place that sells used appliances that is somewhere on 10th Street just west of I-44. Our son bought a used washer and dryer there.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could store half a beef in one of my freezers if it'd help. Not exactly on your way to/from Alfalfa county but could meet. I just need the freezer space in June when we get our beef processed.
I appreciate the offer, but by the time I hauled it up there, I could deliver it to all the recipients.🤣
My daughter is graduating from high school in May, and I think everyone that’s getting meat is supposed to be here for that. I probably won’t need the extra freezer space for more than a month to 6 weeks.
As a side note, I do keep my refrigerator freezer at my OK house stocked with steaks, and I had filets twice while I was up there this week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom