OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of this talk about big ships in high winds and waves makes me prefer the Inside Passage to Alaska over any really open water like the Caribbean. We had part of one day where we were in what I'd call open water on our cruise.

I'm looking at doing the 'plane, train, ship, plane' trip this May. Fly to LA, Amtrak to Seattle, ship to Alaska and back to Seattle, fly home.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking at doing the 'plane, train, ship, plane' trip this May. Fly to LA, Amtrak to Seattle, ship to Alaska and back to Seattle, fly home.

I highly recommend you fly to Anchorage and take the cruise back. Reason why is that when you take the round trip you only get a few hours in each port. If you do the one way, you get all day in each port. We have done both and will never do the round trip.
When flying into Anchorage, get your plane seats on the right side of the aircraft. You get to see 5 glaciers coming in to land. Get rooms on the left side of the ship coming south so you can see the beautiful scenery. If your on the right side, you only see open water.
We always get balcony rooms, so if your getting inside rooms, all that advice is moot.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I highly recommend you fly to Anchorage and take the cruise back. Reason why is that when you take the round trip you only get a few hours in each port. If you do the one way, you get all day in each port. We have done both and will never do the round trip.
When flying into Anchorage, get your plane seats on the right side of the aircraft. You get to see 5 glaciers coming in to land. Get rooms on the left side of the ship coming south so you can see the beautiful scenery. If your on the right side, you only see open water.
We always get balcony rooms, so if your getting inside rooms, all that advice is moot.

Also, with regards to the ship accommodations, try to get a room that is midway back from the bow. We didn't opt for a balcony room because of expense and because we figured that we wouldn't be spending much time in the room. We were right. There were six of us (three couples) and time was spent elsewhere than the room. Wife and I were only in the room at night, but our room had a nice sized window. Our other two couples had rooms in the bow and saw more wave action and they only had little portholes to see out, one set of which were recessed, so they couldn't see out hardly at all.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning gang,
Man I have been down and out the last couple of days with Migraine headaches and stomach problems. More than likely caused by the Migraines. At work today but head it still hurting pretty bad. Hopefully I can make it through today. I have tomorrow and Saturday off so hopefully I can get over this crap.

Hope everyone is doing great.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning gang,
Man I have been down and out the last couple of days with Migraine headaches and stomach problems. More than likely caused by the Migraines. At work today but head it still hurting pretty bad. Hopefully I can make it through today. I have tomorrow and Saturday off so hopefully I can get over this crap.

Hope ya get to feeling better.

Still haven't got my strength back from our bout with the flu (which ended almost two weeks ago). That stuff can really drain your reserves. :/

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning gang,

I've had em for going on 40 years now. They finally classified them as cluster headaches. The only thing that I've found that kinda works is Maxalt (rizatriptan) --- they dissolve on/under your tongue. When I feel one coming on, if I can pop a pill then, the effects are lessened.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening gang,
Made it through the day today without much trouble. The headaches are just about gone.
Thanks everyone for your get well sentiments.

Latest posts

Top Bottom