OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had em for going on 40 years now. They finally classified them as cluster headaches. The only thing that I've found that kinda works is Maxalt (rizatriptan) --- they dissolve on/under your tongue. When I feel one coming on, if I can pop a pill then, the effects are lessened.
Thanks man, I will look into getting som Maxalt. Is it a prescription drug or over the counter?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also, with regards to the ship accommodations, try to get a room that is midway back from the bow. We didn't opt for a balcony room because of expense and because we figured that we wouldn't be spending much time in the room. We were right. There were six of us (three couples) and time was spent elsewhere than the room. Wife and I were only in the room at night, but our room had a nice sized window. Our other two couples had rooms in the bow and saw more wave action and they only had little portholes to see out, one set of which were recessed, so they couldn't see out hardly at all.
We spent a lot of time on the balcony. We were one level below concierge with a private butler. Private restaurants, fresh fruit and champagne delivered daily, etc. The bonus is that we paid for 5 levels below that and kept getting upgraded as past passengers because new passengers that had never cruised before kept signing up at no extra cost to us. Oh yeah, we got the unlimited premium drink ticket too with access to private bars, etc.
Pics posted in the past in the photo section if I remember right.
We also book midship as its pretty stable, but if the cruise is on the inland waterway, there is not much motion. It's calm most of the time on the one way. On the two way, they do some open ocean sailing and it could get a little wave action although you don't really notice it much.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks man, I will look into getting som Maxalt. Is it a prescription drug or over the counter?

It's a 'script. There's lots more stuff out there now compared to when I was hitched to this wagon. I've tried most, but this is the only one for me. I've also got a 'monster' going on now...….

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many years ago, a group of Us, HAM operators, spent 24 hours on the Batfish, working some kind of contest. We had a good time, but I sure have a greater respect for those who served on those things. Hard to imagine...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many years ago, a group of Us, HAM operators, spent 24 hours on the Batfish, working some kind of contest. We had a good time, but I sure have a greater respect for those who served on those things. Hard to imagine...

Yeah, just the cramped space alone would get to me, not to mention not seeing sunlight for who knows how long. I've been too much of an outdoorsman over the years to be able to do without at least some sunlight.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Happy 308.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom