OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
133575d1454886918-funny-pic-thread-imageuploadedbyglock-forum1454886911_366549.jpg

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Steelfingers, How you doing today?
Funny you asked, working on zero sleep. Coughed all night. I should be over this crap by now but it's normal for a lung removal but it's miserable. I have codeine cough syrup but it makes me to drugged out the next day any only works for a short period.
Leaving with the wife at 10 for an appointment with my cancer people. It won't be my doctor but his pa. He'll be doing a bunch of test today and start building me up with shots...etc. Not sure how this works because my surgeon will not release me to my cancer dr for another 3 months because he's afraid I'll start leaking again and he'll get the blame. Longer I wait, the more chances the cancer will spread, if not already. I'm in the middle of a chess board that's at stale mate.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, sorry to hear this. I feel for you and can't imagine what your going through. Praying that your doctors get it together and that your cancer has not and will not spread. I know a lot of us here on OSA are keeping you and your wife in our prayers. Let us know if there is anything you need or that we can do for you. Hope you're able to get some sleep soon.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I just got back from my Cancer Doc. I think the best thing I can do is not go back to any of my doctors. All I get is something new they've discovered and it's not good.
This was the same thing. Wife not taking it well but she does the same thing with the dog's sick...Ha!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I just got back from my Cancer Doc. I think the best thing I can do is not go back to any of my doctors. All I get is something new they've discovered and it's not good.
This was the same thing. Wife not taking it well but she does the same thing with the dog's sick...Ha!
Ah, sheesh man, sorry to hear that. You can't seem to catch a break lately. :/

I do have a suggestion on the coughing problem though. I read a report a few years ago that most cough syrups don't work any better than sugar-syrup. It seems what works best is simply coating your throat with something to stop the tickle.

My sister was visiting us shortly after I'd read this, and she was coughing almost non-stop. I gave her a teaspoon of Griffin's original pancake syrup, and it completely stopped. Just about blew her mind. :D

Might be worth a try. Even if it only works for a half hour, you can take it as often as ya want with no side effects.

Luck bud. :drunk2:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, sheesh man, sorry to hear that. You can't seem to catch a break lately. :/

I do have a suggestion on the coughing problem though. I read a report a few years ago that most cough syrups don't work any better than sugar-syrup. It seems what works best is simply coating your throat with something to stop the tickle.

My sister was visiting us shortly after I'd read this, and she was coughing almost non-stop. I gave her a teaspoon of Griffin's original pancake syrup, and it completely stopped. Just about blew her mind. :D

Might be worth a try. Even if it only works for a half hour, you can take it as often as ya want with no side effects.

Luck bud. :drunk2:
Thanks man. The Codeine stuff they gave me made me feel like crap and still didn't stop the coughing. I'm going to try this because nothing else works.
Life is what it is. I had a great one and not giving up. Sounds crazy, but deciding not to do the radiation and chemo actually makes me feel good. That stuff just makes you violently ill and lose brain cells till you finally go out oblivious of ones surroundings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom