OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You haven't truly fished Grand Lake O' Cherokees till you have been yelled at or threatened by someone for fishing around their dock.
Pretty common. Fished that lake many times. On the other side of the coin actually had some folks sitting on their dock one evening while we were working docks so we stopped fishing, and just used the trolling motor to give them a wide berth so as not to disturb them, and the elderly gentleman told us we were missing some good fishing by going around his dock, and encouraged us to cast to it. We didn't catch anything but had a great conversation with him and his wife for 20 minutes or so. Very nice folks.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty common. Fished that lake many times. On the other side of the coin actually had some folks sitting on their dock one evening while we were working docks so we stopped fishing, and just used the trolling motor to give them a wide berth so as not to disturb them, and the elderly gentleman told us we were missing some good fishing by going around his dock, and encouraged us to cast to it. We didn't catch anything but had a great conversation with him and his wife for 20 minutes or so. Very nice folks.
Yes, there are some really nice folks up there around Grand lake. But with the many nice ones, there are a few jerks as well. I have a couple that I stay clear of on the weekends because I know they are going to be yelling at everyone who is close to there dock. But I fish the hell out of them when I am up there during the week. LOL!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, there are some really nice folks up there around Grand lake. But with the many nice ones, there are a few jerks as well. I have a couple that I stay clear of on the weekends because I know they are going to be yelling at everyone who is close to there dock. But I fish the hell out of them when I am up there during the week. LOL!
They don't have the legal right to prevent anyone from fishing around their docks, but I try to stay cool and move along.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well another cool day for May. I will take it over 95f any day. Last soccer game of the season for my boy. Should be a mud fest can't wait /end sarcasm. Guys have a great day stay safe if flood waters are around you.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They don't have the legal right to prevent anyone from fishing around their docks, but I try to stay cool and move along.
That is true but it's hard to have fun or a relaxing time when someone is barking at you. I'm with you, I try just to stay clear and not to provoke anyone. It's not worth it.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do understand the concern though from some of them. At our place we have had a few boats broke into late at night down in the marina. Lots of fishing gear, tackle boxes, batteries and personal items stolen out of boats. Even some boats out in the outer slips have had their covers cut open and things taken. It had to someone that has come by in the daylight on a boat and cased some of the boats and equipment out.
We all try now to store all of our gear in storage buildings by our slips and to keep our boats covered. It's happen twice in the past 6 years, but it's twice too many.

Latest posts

Top Bottom