OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening folks.
Today was my Friday. I am off for the next two days. Going to my Grandson's PreK graduation tomorrow afternoon. It should be cute.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my driver's side front end put back together today. Bushings on the lower control arm were completely shot. Front one had no rubber left on one side. I still need an alignment done but will do a quick string one either tonight when my back quits screaming or tomorrow.

Turned 40 yesterday. Pretty much the worst birthday I have ever had and I can say I have had some bad ones. My wife was the only person to ever really remember and she is gone.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my driver's side front end put back together today. Bushings on the lower control arm were completely shot. Front one had no rubber left on one side. I still need an alignment done but will do a quick string one either tonight when my back quits screaming or tomorrow.

Turned 40 yesterday. Pretty much the worst birthday I have ever had and I can say I have had some bad ones. My wife was the only person to ever really remember and she is gone.
Happy birthday NightShade!!!!!!!!!

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Been there, done that. Not for the faint of heart. I had a front CV joint boot leaking on my 4X4 truck. It was cheaper to buy a whole new half shaft than two boots. Seriously? I bought the shaft and put it in about 5 months ago. I was changing my oil last week and guess what? The boot is leaking on the new shaft. I'm going to rebuild my OEM shaft and switch it out. The "new" one will be back at Autozone for a full refund. I'm too old for this......

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife gets upset if no one remembers her birthday. I'm more likely to get upset if anyone does, I'd rather everyone just forgot about it.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20190426_165036.jpg

Looks kinda odd without any suspension in there. But yeah getting it fixed is a nice feeling. Basically rebuilt the whole front suspension. Ball joints inner and outer tie rod ends sway bar ends and bushings plus upper and lower control arm bushings. Could have paid 400 for new control arms but 100 in parts and a little more to have the bushings pressed and I still get by cheaper with more done. A shop probably would have charged 600 plus.

As far as my birthday the part that sucks is not wide not being here. And my father didn't even remember his is on the 7th so not remembering is pretty difficult. I guess it's just me though.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have changed it a bit. You now check in and then they text you when your table is ready. We (she) shopped a bit, hit the John, and in maybe 20-30 minutes they were ready.

Mr. Pioneer Woman was walking through, chatting with folks, etc. and when lovely bride told him we were celebrating our 50th anniversary, he called a waitress over to talk photos, and then sat and talked some. He was wearing dirty Wranglers, muddy boots with silver Spurs, and dirt on his arms. Said he just came in to steal a sandwich from the kitchen.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have changed it a bit. You now check in and then they text you when your table is ready. We (she) shopped a bit, hit the John, and in maybe 20-30 minutes they were ready.
Better than it used to be. I'd drive by and see lines all the way around the corner in a rainstorm......No food is that good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom