OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a meeting the Embassy Suites hotel this morning for our World qualifying dance competition we host and put on here in OKC. It's held in the latter part of April so it's time to start getting all of our ducks in a row. Free lunch today on them. :spaghetti:
Dance? Right now, I'd like to at least be able to do that. As for my age, let's just say my parents are in their 70's, so I shouldn't feel as old as I do right now. I fell 3 times this weekend and the last one I couldn't even get back up by myself. I had hip surgery 2 years ago that has proven to be unsuccessful. Even when I've been falling down drunk in the past I could always at least stumble my way back up. Getting old sucks, but as they say: It's better than the alternative.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m sitting here in a class that is referred to as a “Sheltered Class”. The students in the class are undocumented, as well as illegally in the United Sates. Of the 20 students who are in the room, only 3 speak enough English to work on the assignment I have given them. I hear Spanish, Guatemalan, Vietnamese, Eretrean (Ethiopian), and Burmese being spoken.

Yeah..... it’s good to be me.

BUT..... This Summer I am moving away from here, and returning home to Tulsa. God is good my friends. He has blessed me with a beautiful wife. A beautiful baby girl. And NOW he is letting me move back home. I’ll not ask for more.

Merry Christmas fellas. I hope you have a great day.

Mike

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GOOOOOOOOOD MORNING OSA!!!!!!!!!!!

tenor.gif

Got permission to work from home today so I get to sit here in my comfy chair and relax a bit between calls.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have gotten more done since my post this morning than I have in a month of Sundays. It is SO nice to have a quiet weather pattern. When those fronts are moving around it KILLS me.

And @Mos Eisley dude there is no shame in crawling over to something to pull yourself up on.

:blush:

I hear ... :bighug: Seriously though, be careful. Those falls can kill ya.:cry11:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't wanna be a Debbie Downer, but back on Friday, I was honored to be able to attend a funeral for a young police officer.

Seth Mason was a Hughes county sheriff's deputy under the command of my cousin, sheriff Marcia Maxwell. Deputy Mason lost his life at the tender age of 21. His funeral was last Friday at the 1st Baptist church in Ada. I had never seen such an outpouring of support from an ocean of uniformed officers. I was privileged to be a part of them. Even though I had never met deputy Mason nor had I even heard his name until a few weeks ago, he was my brother.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best Wishes!

Well, if we are starting a tradition, maybe I'll add to it. Good morning, All. So much as I can do it, here's a beginning on a "daily picture."

2005 - Vancouver's "Canada Place," which is the pier to the right of the bow. Off on a 13 day cruise and land tour to Alaska. Once in a lifetime thing.

We did the same a couple of years ago. Absolutely wonderful trip! We started from Fairbanks, by bus, then train, then cruise, ending at Vancouver. You will have great photo opps. Be sure to share!

Latest posts

Top Bottom