OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Labor Day is the end of our "quarantine" period. Neither of us have any symptoms, so after Labor Day, we will be headed back to Alabama to finish our work there. We took the work van back to the Tulsa area today so the technicians could upgrade the software on the servers, and we got word that the van is ready to go when we are.

I'm not sure about the following, but the company is "wanting" to have us finish the "redo's" in Alabama and then go work the "redo's" for the state of Georgia. While I probably wouldn't mind doing Georgia, if there are a lot of them in Atlanta, I might balk at the idea.

So, the "medical vacation" is almost over.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand that. I will go out tomorrow and probably Friday morning before the lake gets to busy. Nothing after 5 pm on Friday. The lake will be rocking after that. Lol
You got that right. When we spend a lot of weekends at Grand Lake a few years back, we learned quickly to keep our bass boat off the lake on weekends, especially holiday weekends. Tuesday through Friday at noon belongs to fishermen and those with smaller boats.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the following, but the company is "wanting" to have us finish the "redo's" in Alabama and then go work the "redo's" for the state of Georgia. While I probably wouldn't mind doing Georgia, if there are a lot of them in Atlanta, I might balk at the idea.

I go to Atlanta around 3 times per year. It's got the worst traffic in the country -- bar none!! Many of their 'secondary' roads are like paved pig trails, they just wind everywhere. Oh, and they frequently change names! Not to mention the 50+ roads that are named "Peach" something or other.....

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go to Atlanta around 3 times per year. It's got the worst traffic in the country -- bar none!! Many of their 'secondary' roads are like paved pig trails, they just wind everywhere. Oh, and they frequently change names! Not to mention the 50+ roads that are named "Peach" something or other.....

We should feel right at home then...

...Alabama does similarly with their roads. We get a database with all the records to be "surveyed" and the highway designation on the database doesn't always match the signs at the side of the road. Alabama is also pretty bad about speed limit signs. Sometimes, when one turns onto a different highway, they may go miles before seeing a speed limit sign for the "new" road. And, in the cities, the street names are always changing and at some intersections, the cross streets are different at each side. On top of that, not every community gives one a warning that a reduced speed zone is ahead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom