OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a report from my brother around noon yesterday. He's down at my ranch for 4 or 5 days to open the season. He and his wife saw 43 deer and 6 turkeys but didn't take a shot as they are waiting for the big ones to make their appearance. They did this same thing last year and got two very nice bucks but no turkeys. My mantra is you snooze you lose........take the shot
Here are a few pics from the feeder he is hunting near from August of this year

Attachments

• MFDC6107.JPG
    MFDC6107.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 28
  • MFDC5464.JPG
    MFDC5464.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 37
  • MFDC5466.JPG
    MFDC5466.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 30
  • MFDC5467.JPG
    MFDC5467.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just got in off the lake just in the nick of time. Man, the storms rolled in and it is nasty out there now. Hard rain, wind, thunder and lightening. I hope everyone else got off the water.
I did pretty good before the storms. Caught a bunch of dinks and a couple of 3 pounders.
I'm glad you didn't get caught out on the lake. I saw the radar and it looked pretty rough....

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just received a pic from my brother down at the ranch. He got a nice 20.5lb turkey with an 8" beard this evening....Lots of deer sightings but they are waiting for a monster buck.....Looks like he's asleep (a lot of 70 year olds look like that.......ha...ha...ha)

Attachments

• IMG_0979.jpg
    IMG_0979.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 27

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
The older I get, the less I do. Is that the natural progression of aging, or am I using that excuse to do less? When I was young I had to work hard to support my family, now it's just me, and my wife, and we have enough income to live comfortably, without doing anything. Maybe I just need to learn how to loaf, and not feel guilty about it?

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The older I get, the less I do. Is that the natural progression of aging, or am I using that excuse to do less? When I was young I had to work hard to support my family, now it's just me, and my wife, and we have enough income to live comfortably, without doing anything. Maybe I just need to learn how to loaf, and not feel guilty about it?
Don’t fell guilty about. You earned it, so now enjoy it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom