OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyday is my Friday! I had an employee for several years, that would come back from lunch saying, “well crap, Monday morning is only two days away”. Other than that, she was a great employee.

Prior to retirement, and when going back to work on Mondays, when someone asked how I was doing, I would usually say, "Well, I survived the weekend." After the "questioning" look, I would explain that it would be horrible to die on one's day off.

Now, with our Summer job (that has now extended into Fall), we pretty much work when the weather lets us, so we do work Saturdays and Sundays. We've now moved from doing the road surveys in Alabama to doing some "cleanup" road surveys in Georgia.

During our move today from Birmingham, AL to Cordele, GA, it rained on us with a fierce passion. The hardest of the rainfall occurred as we drove through Plains, GA. Maybe it was the rain, but I'd swear I saw this really old codger out dancing in the rain. I figure it was Jimmy Carter celebrating that Obama and Biden have now knocked him out of the "Worst President" number one slot.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
During our move today from Birmingham, AL to Cordele, GA, it rained on us with a fierce passion. The hardest of the rainfall occurred as we drove through Plains, GA. Maybe it was the rain, but I'd swear I saw this really old codger out dancing in the rain. I figure it was Jimmy Carter celebrating that Obama and Biden have now knocked him out of the "Worst President" number one slot.
Wow Terry, You were in Cordele, GA?
I was born in Cordele, Ga. I didn't think I would ever hear of my birth place ever mentioned anywhere. Haven't been back there in over 20 years or so. I grew up there and in the Warner Robins/Macon area. Just thought it was cool.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow Terry, You were in Cordele, GA?
I was born in Cordele, Ga. I didn't think I would ever hear of my birth place ever mentioned anywhere. Haven't been back there in over 20 years or so. I grew up there and in the Warner Robins/Macon area. Just thought it was cool.

Actually, we are still here in Cordele. The records we need to rework are small ones scattered across the bottom of Georgia, so we chose Cordele because it is kind of centrally located down here. Depending on weather, though, we may be here longer than we thought. We initially reserved 2 nights in a hotel, but with yesterday's rain, we have already extended the reserved room an additional night. If rain continues, we could be here longer.

So far, all we've seen is the hotel, a Ford dealership, and Walmart. Anything we should check out if we can't work?

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, we are still here in Cordele. The records we need to rework are small ones scattered across the bottom of Georgia, so we chose Cordele because it is kind of centrally located down here. Depending on weather, though, we may be here longer than we thought. We initially reserved 2 nights in a hotel, but with yesterday's rain, we have already extended the reserved room an additional night. If rain continues, we could be here longer.

So far, all we've seen is the hotel, a Ford dealership, and Walmart. Anything we should check out if we can't work?
I haven’t been there in so long I can’t really remember what’s there. Lol
I know we spent a lot of time at lake Blackshier and playing on all the tanks at Georgie Veterans State Park. It’s just west of Cordele.

I still have family there and hope to get back to visit.
Ya’ll be safe and enjoy your stay there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom