OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning, Everyone. Hope this "day after" serves to be a good one for you. With all we had to eat yesterday at around 1:00 pm, I elected to have nothing but coffee and popcorn last night.

For some odd reason, the wife has decided that we are going shopping today...

...we've NEVER gone shopping on "Black Friday," so I'm a bit confused about her.

Anyway, here's hoping that our giving of thanks yesterday treats us all to good health and happiness in our days and years to come.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning, Everyone. Hope this "day after" serves to be a good one for you. With all we had to eat yesterday at around 1:00 pm, I elected to have nothing but coffee and popcorn last night.

For some odd reason, the wife has decided that we are going shopping today...

...we've NEVER gone shopping on "Black Friday," so I'm a bit confused about her.

Anyway, here's hoping that our giving of thanks yesterday treats us all to good health and happiness in our days and years to come.
Good luck out there. It seems to be calmer this year than it has been. (except 2020). We're staying home and playing with the kids today. Eating leftovers and taking it easy.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK. We did our shopping. Youngest son was looking for some particular cabinet drawer slides/glides but couldn't find any local, so an online order is in order. Wife bought a new crock pot with a lid that can be "locked" into place for when we take pot luck meals to church functions, a blouse, and two new pairs of shoes....

....I picked up my prescription at Walmart's pharmacy for $0.00.

That is the cheapest shopping trip that I've ever done.

We have "kind of" decided on a trip for the three of us since we didn't get a vacation this year to go out on. We are planning on going back to Alabama next month when the youngest has a number of days off. One of our planned stops is the Battleship Park at Mobile, AL, another is to see some "special" tables in Huntsville, and perhaps a stop at Alabama's "natural bridge."

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would never go Black Friday shopping. I would end up in trouble. I joke with my wife every year that she needs to go. I try to not even go to wally world between now and the end of the year.we went to a local grocery store Monday for Thanksgiving dinner. We had a long list and I was not having it. Got the bare minimum got out. I hate shopping and more when its busy.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
a couple of years ago (pre-pandemic) Target was having iPads at a good price for Black Friday. One of my daughters decided she needed a couple of them for her classroom, so old Dad got the assignment to go buy them. Stood in line for over two hours, outside, around th side and back of the building. Met some nice people, and then the doors opened. The calm, organized line existed no longer. It was every man for himself. Looked a little like those “smash & grab” events in California! Well, maybe not quite that bad….

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a couple of years ago (pre-pandemic) Target was having iPads at a good price for Black Friday. One of my daughters decided she needed a couple of them for her classroom, so old Dad got the assignment to go buy them. Stood in line for over two hours, outside, around th side and back of the building. Met some nice people, and then the doors opened. The calm, organized line existed no longer. It was every man for himself. Looked a little like those “smash & grab” events in California! Well, maybe not quite that bad….

Which happened to you, the "smash," or the "grab?"

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening guys,

Spent most of this morning ripping out carpet from my mom's living room. She is getting new wood floors in her kitchen, living room, dining room and hallway. My nephew and I got it all ripped out and cleaned up. Made a trip to the dump to get rid of it all.

Spent most to the afternoon just relaxing and watching tv.

Hope everyone had a great day! Boomer :ou1

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Evening fellas ... I dunno what I did but my back and left leg don't want to work right for nothing' ... Sucks when I need to get up and move around. Which I am avoiding like the plague right now. It seems Christmas shows are on now ... I've been watching for my personal favs -- Die Hard and Big Trouble in Little China ... 🤗

Latest posts

Top Bottom