OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning guys.
Last week of the year. Pretty busy week for us. Putting our team through the last week of work and getting them polished for the World Championships next week. We will be in Orlando from the 1st through the 9th at the competition. It’s going to be a fun start to the new year.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning guys.
Last week of the year. Pretty busy week for us. Putting our team through the last week of work and getting them polished for the World Championships next week. We will be in Orlando from the 1st through the 9th at the competition. It’s going to be a fun start to the new year.

That does sound like fun!! Good luck!!

Today I ... Hmmmm ... Well, let's see. I let the chickens out and pet the rabbits (which makes the dogs jealous lol). I think I'm gonna stick a roast on the grill and forget about it. That's dinner. And that's about it for me. 😁 I'm not feeling all that industrious today. 🤷🤗 So I'm just gonna play around in my sewing room. Later, guys!!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless we are working our Summer job, we are always off on Mondays. And, all the other days that end with "Y."

Good luck to your team in Orlando, Dancer.

As for me, I twisted my back somehow around noon yesterday. Spent most of the afternoon napping on the recliner or on the bed. Woke up around 5:00-ish this morning and didn't want to move from sleeping on my side to sleeping on my back, but I eventually did. Now that I'm up and somewhat getting around, the back twinges have diminished considerably. I think I might still be able to live. (In retrospect, my health problems are nothing compared to THAT Gurl's. I hope she is doing well.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning guys.
It’s the last Tuesday of 2021. Make it great.

It's already much better. The twinge in my back is pretty much gone, and I now don't walk around hunched over. Wife and I are planning on getting with our youngest son this afternoon and walking in the park in Yukon. We also got word that her older sister has bought a house, so I suspect that at some point after the closing that we may be helping her move. That doesn't make me all giddy because she has managed to not get rid of "stuff" in her past moves. (That might just put my back out again.)

Anyway, just to celebrate my "better" back, allow me to post a few pictures.

Alaska in 2005, riding the train between Seward and Anchorage. It was after this cruise that I determined that I was going to have to get back to true SLR cameras with interchangeable lenses. While my Nikon Coolpix 5700 was a pretty good point and shoot camera, I later found that it was lacking, especially so if one had to zoom out to get their subject. The subject in question was sea lions on some rocks and my photos were all blurry. I later saw pictures taken by someone else on the same cruise that had an SLR and good lens, and his were nice and clear. But, it was two more years before I made the switch. This image was taken with the Coolpix 5700.

This was about the best of my cruddy pictures. The Coolpix had a 30 power optical zoom, and once one got past the optical, the zoom became all digital zoom, which is more of an image where the camera "averages" pixels (or whatever), thus losing image quality. Under this image is a link to one of the photos that the other guy took. He had a Canon 20D and a lens capable of 300mm and was able to get much clearer photos when zoomed in even more.

Link to Other Guy's Picture

Arizona now, with this picture taken on the Cliff Springs Trail at the north rim of the Grand Canyon. It was dry at the time, but somewhere along this overhang in the cliff was an area where water dripped from the rock and pooled on the floor of the overhang. Deer had been seen drinking at the pool, but we didn't get to see anything but the trail and the views from along it.

2008 was the year that the wife, our youngest son, and I drove a loop from OKC to Springdale, AR, to Mena, AR, and then back home via the Talimena drive. This photo was taken in Arkansas along Highway 71, which was a drive that new friends had suggested for us.

California was where this one was taken. When the wife and I first married, I was still in the Army and headed to a small base north of San Francisco. About 30 miles from the base was a small grove of Redwood trees that we occasionally went to see. After leaving and coming back to Oklahoma, she felt that we would never get back to where we could see Redwoods again. April of 2016 saw us move our RV to Oregon to do volunteer work at a retreat and reunion center near Grants Pass. Along the highway from Grants Pass to Crescent City, CA is the Jedediah Smith Redwood State Park. So, we got to see the Redwoods again, and my wife became a "tree-hugger."

What I've done here was just pick photos from different folders listed by state at my Smugmug site. Kind of giving you all a tour of the country. I skipped Alabama because as of recent posts, there have been quite a few shared of that state.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's already much better. The twinge in my back is pretty much gone, and I now don't walk around hunched over. Wife and I are planning on getting with our youngest son this afternoon and walking in the park in Yukon. We also got word that her older sister has bought a house, so I suspect that at some point after the closing that we may be helping her move. That doesn't make me all giddy because she has managed to not get rid of "stuff" in her past moves. (That might just put my back out again.)

Anyway, just to celebrate my "better" back, allow me to post a few pictures.

Alaska in 2005, riding the train between Seward and Anchorage. It was after this cruise that I determined that I was going to have to get back to true SLR cameras with interchangeable lenses. While my Nikon Coolpix 5700 was a pretty good point and shoot camera, I later found that it was lacking, especially so if one had to zoom out to get their subject. The subject in question was sea lions on some rocks and my photos were all blurry. I later saw pictures taken by someone else on the same cruise that had an SLR and good lens, and his were nice and clear. But, it was two more years before I made the switch. This image was taken with the Coolpix 5700.

This was about the best of my cruddy pictures. The Coolpix had a 30 power optical zoom, and once one got past the optical, the zoom became all digital zoom, which is more of an image where the camera "averages" pixels (or whatever), thus losing image quality. Under this image is a link to one of the photos that the other guy took. He had a Canon 20D and a lens capable of 300mm and was able to get much clearer photos when zoomed in even more.

Link to Other Guy's Picture

Arizona now, with this picture taken on the Cliff Springs Trail at the north rim of the Grand Canyon. It was dry at the time, but somewhere along this overhang in the cliff was an area where water dripped from the rock and pooled on the floor of the overhang. Deer had been seen drinking at the pool, but we didn't get to see anything but the trail and the views from along it.

2008 was the year that the wife, our youngest son, and I drove a loop from OKC to Springdale, AR, to Mena, AR, and then back home via the Talimena drive. This photo was taken in Arkansas along Highway 71, which was a drive that new friends had suggested for us.

California was where this one was taken. When the wife and I first married, I was still in the Army and headed to a small base north of San Francisco. About 30 miles from the base was a small grove of Redwood trees that we occasionally went to see. After leaving and coming back to Oklahoma, she felt that we would never get back to where we could see Redwoods again. April of 2016 saw us move our RV to Oregon to do volunteer work at a retreat and reunion center near Grants Pass. Along the highway from Grants Pass to Crescent City, CA is the Jedediah Smith Redwood State Park. So, we got to see the Redwoods again, and my wife became a "tree-hugger."

What I've done here was just pick photos from different folders listed by state at my Smugmug site. Kind of giving you all a tour of the country. I skipped Alabama because as of recent posts, there have been quite a few shared of that state.
Awesome pics Terry. Thanks for sharing.
Glad to hear that your back is much better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom