OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning & Happy New Year to all.

Moved to the new home last Thursday, and as soon as the movers left, we began unpacking boxes. Still at it today, but I was able to get one car in the garage last night so we are making progress..

2022 is going to be a great year (for us and hopefully for the rest of you!)

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning from Orlando
We have been super busy here at the World Championships. Monday we had four top 5 places and one new World Champion. We have 8 that compete today. Fingers crossed for more World Champions .

My office view yesterday. 8 freaking hours on my butt. But it was amazing!

62C129F7-C59C-4F8F-9549-FE283A483E22.jpeg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Morning guys!!

Dancer -- living the dream, huh?? 😉 Srsly tho, congrats on the world champions! And good luck!!

I dunno what's going on with me -- constant headache since the weekend. Neck and back are hurting too. I'm ready for it all to go on down the road.

Y'all have a good day ...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am assuming that those "top five places" and WC are by members of your "team?" If so, congrats to them for their achievements, and if you were involved with teaching them, congrats to you as well.

Oh, and thanks for treating the hat right.

Now, another question: Are you "grading" by watching a TV, or are you that far away from the dance floor? (I suspect it is a TV, but I just can't quite make out the shape of the TV.)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been a few days since I posted pictures. Sorry about that.

Taken while we were working in Indiana in the last couple of years or so. I have no idea for sure what river this is, but maybe it was the Ohio.

Multiple pictures on this one as it kind of has an Oklahoma connection. That connection can be seen in the first picture with the reference to Fort Reno. This is known as the Battle of Punished Woman's Fork. The watercourse going by that name is roughly a mile south of the battle site.

The next three pictures give something of a sense of the battle area within this one small canyon. This first one is looking southward from the ridge where the monument has been placed on the east side of the canyon.

This next picture is roughly the center of the canyon and there isn't much of any detail or of anything really photogenic. I was merely trying to get a sense of the entire battle area.

When the Cheyenne planned their ambush of the cavalry, they placed the women, children, and elderly in a cave at the north end of the canyon so that they would have some protection. The descriptions of the cave indicated that it was fairly deep at the time but that the cave has fallen in on itself since then. The cave is certainly only a few feet deep at the present time, so the indented area of that "gulch" north of the cave could have been the extent of the cave.

In addition to the battlefield north of Scott City, there is a museum in Scott City that deals with that area of Kansas and of the battle. Probably the most interesting part of the El Quartelejo Museum to me was the collection of Colt commemorative pistols that they had on display. (Since my photos are "embedded" into the comments, clicking on this next image would allow one to go to this image at my Smugmug site, which would then allow one to look at the 12 pistols in that gallery. After looking at the image at my site, "X" out at the upper right hand corner to go into the full gallery and navigate around from there.)

The only thing about the museum that left me disappointed was that one area of the museum had artifacts and such from an individual collection, and because of that, they didn't allow anyone to photograph anything in that area. That was mostly related to the battle and the participants of the battle, which is what I would have liked to photograph.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am assuming that those "top five places" and WC are by members of your "team?" If so, congrats to them for their achievements, and if you were involved with teaching them, congrats to you as well.

Oh, and thanks for treating the hat right.

Now, another question: Are you "grading" by watching a TV, or are you that far away from the dance floor? (I suspect it is a TV, but I just can't quite make out the shape of the TV.)
Hey Terry,
No our judging tables are right in the front of the dance floor. The floor is 60 feet deep and 80 feet long. That is where the dancers compete.
the stage you see in the back is just for the dancers to be announced and to walk down to the floor.
Yes my wife and I coach them and dance with them in a Pro Am type of competition. Only the students are judged. We get to judge the catagories that our students are not competing in. I hope this makes sense. I danced 64 dances today with my students.
I had 5 of them win World Championships, 2 took second place and one 5th place. So another great day for our school.
my feet are soaking at the moment. Lol!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Terry,
No our judging tables are right in the front of the dance floor. The floor is 60 feet deep and 80 feet long. That is where the dancers compete.
the stage you see in the back is just for the dancers to be announced and to walk down to the floor.
Yes my wife and I coach them and dance with them in a Pro Am type of competition. Only the students are judged. We get to judge the catagories that our students are not competing in. I hope this makes sense. I danced 64 dances today with my students.
I had 5 of them win World Championships, 2 took second place and one 5th place. So another great day for our school.
my feet are soaking at the moment. Lol!

Ha!!!! Better thee than me....

....with my bum knee, there would be a heck of a lot more soaking. I'm doing good to walk about 3 1/2 miles in a shopping mall.

Latest posts

Top Bottom