OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday was interesting while driving through Wyoming. Started out on the east side and nearly 60 degrees weather. Going west, we hit colder weather, and then we got snow around Rawlins and Rock Springs and temps dropped down to 32 degrees. Got out of Wyoming and into Utah, and it was 50 degrees when we stopped for the night in Tremonton, UT.

Going on into Mountain Home, ID this morning.

Dang, it is great to be out seeing new country!!!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Morning guys ... Danged Dawg ... There is thunder. In this house when there is thunder there is a Dawg obsessively eager to let you know there is thunder and you are in danger. 🤦🤦 Poor guy ... Except he wears me out ...

Stay dry, stay safe and hey, hey, hey -- it's Hump Day!

Get some tranquilizer drops from Vet. IIRC, Atwoods has its, too. Haven't used it in a few years.

I had a dog that would go berserk during thunder. Give a couple drops and he would chill. Saved many a nights sleeps.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Morning guys ... Danged Dawg ... There is thunder. In this house when there is thunder there is a Dawg obsessively eager to let you know there is thunder and you are in danger. 🤦🤦 Poor guy ... Except he wears me out ...

Stay dry, stay safe and hey, hey, hey -- it's Hump Day!
Have you tried one of the thunder blankets? It is kinda like a compression blanket that comforts dogs?

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you tried one of the thunder blankets? It is kinda like a compression blanket that comforts dogs?
My vet has this plugin thingie that looks like one of those "air fresheners" but exudes a calming pheromone instead. It works quite well. It is available to the general public, too.

I think this is the stuff.

Woody

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get some tranquilizer drops from Vet. IIRC, Atwoods has its, too. Haven't used it in a few years.

I had a dog that would go berserk during thunder. Give a couple drops and he would chill. Saved many a nights sleeps.

Puppy Pot. He's turning into a pothead. Problem this morning was I didn't get it in him quick enough so I had to deal with waiting until it starting working for him. He's a mess! Lol This is his only fault -- other than his fear of storms he is a perfect somewhat small-ish pup!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yep. He will run around crazily with it on ... Lol But oddly enough his leash and collar helps with the racing around - but he still shakes and pants like crazy. I swear there have been times I've thought he was gonna give himself a heart attack.

Latest posts

Top Bottom