OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning. Looks like we might get some rain today and tomorrow. I had a somewhat interesting weekend. A buddy of mine and myself agreed to drive a carriage a couple months ago for a young lady’s wedding this weekend (there might have been whiskey involved when we agreed to do it). It was 50/50 whether this would go as planned or turn into a rodeo. Luckily, everything went pretty smooth except when the drone showed up at the final stop. Frank, the mule, handled it pretty good, but I would have shot it out of the sky if I had my coach gun.
D59707C7-223D-4B24-8209-0C4C25084FDC.jpeg

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning. I'm liking the prospects of rain today and tomorrow. We had a nice visit with out-of-town friends that flew in for the weekend, and now ready to get this week started.

Remember, that worker at the convenience store or drive-thru may be having a pretty tough time, so it doesn't cost a dime extra to be nice.

Best wishes...

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning guys and Gurl,
Yes, rain, rain, and more rain. I’m a little worried about the lake level up at Grand for this holiday weekend. It was already way above normal before all these storms. I’m thinking I may need to add some more length to keep anchor lines this weekend.
Wishing you all a great day and a safe one if you have to be out in this rain.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning folks! The thunder this morning woke me up around 5:00, so I got an early start on some things I had planned for today. Got a lot done, and in an effort to avoid the above mentioned nap (@Aku), I'm thinking a short trip to the range just might be in order. I am loving this rain. When we moved to our new home in December, we identified a number of things we needed to do in the yard. So, a little sod, some azaleas, a little stone work, etc, and after all the new plantings, all that was needed was some wonder God-given rain.

I went into a 7-11 yesterday, and as I entered, a very nice older lady was coming out. As I held the door for her, she thanked me, smiled, and gave me a new shiny penny with a knitted border around it and a tag that said, "A shiny penny for a shiny smile". Later in the day, I passed that on to another person. So I am trying to smile when I see people today. Sometimes we really have to laugh, but try to be pleasant to all you meet today.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@DavidMcMillan we have a LOT of elderly folks who shop at the store. I always try to chat them up a little. Same with the kids -- the kids, especially, will light up like Christmas trees -- even the teenagers. It makes me sad for the world these kids are coming up in. They are SO excited that ANYONE is taking an interest in them.

My chickens look like drowned rats. Lol The dogs won't go out unless I go with them -- the stinkers. I know we need the rain -- especially to the west -- but DAMN ... Not all at once!! 😂

Work tonight so I better get around and get some things done around here. Y'all stay dry! 😘

Latest posts

Top Bottom