OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the aftermath of removing our deck put in 30 some years ago, the slab for the hot tub was left. 8' X 8'.
When pouring it, the gopher tunnels underneath collapsed resulting in the slab being low on one side. A second pour was done to get it back to level resulting in a slab 12" thick on one end and 5" thick on the other.
Forgot about the second pour. Concrete guy came out today with a saw to cut the slab so it could be handled by the tractor/front loader for disposal. Made the cuts 6" deep and still couldn't separate the slabs. That's when I remembered the second pour.
Between the concrete guy and I with 16 lb sledges and wedges we managed to break the grip of the second pour to the first pour before dark set in. 80% done on that part, then will need to use his saw to cut into the initial slab that is heavy with rebar to break that up.
What a freeking nightmare!
One blessing is that I found out the concrete guy is working for the master masonry guy in this area. We are looking at removing our pool and creating an outdoor entertaining and cooking area where it used to be once removed.
Probable rain all day tomorrow so debris removal before he gets back in here as his side job may take a few days.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Geez, don’t be so defensive this early in the day. Plenty of time to vent later, so sit back, take a deep breath and pour another cup of coffee.
That's not venting, just replying, I've had exactly one pot of coffee already on this cool, cloudy morning lol. Getting ready to go make a second pot! I don't get wound up about much, ever, there's no point. What will be, will be. Prepare as much as possible, which also means be prepared to accept when it doesn't work out like you prepared for lol.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning,

Sitting on the deck here at the lake drinking my coffee. We have some light rain this morning but it is all starting to move out. Tomorrow and the rest of the weekend looks great.

Heading into town in bit to pick up my truck. Put it in the shop last weekend to have the starter replaced.
Then the wife and are heading into Joplin to do a little shopping for the weekend. Anybody need anything???? Lol

Ya’ll have a great day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom