OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1656430274744.png

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Further check in. Wife and I are doing some of our Summer job stuff and are currently in Alabama (again) to do what we call "re-does" of records done by others that are bad records for some reason. It is kind of a bad deal in that this came about late enough that we couldn't vote via absentee ballot and are out of pocket to drive back to vote.

We have been "dancing" with rain storms to get the work done, and with a little luck, we might could be done with the current list of re-does in time to head back to Oklahoma so the wife can have a minor surgery procedure done.

After the Alabama re-does, we have no idea what the company may have for us to do.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning folks.
I have a long, long day of work today. Started at 8am and will go till 9pm tonight.
But the good news is that we are leaving right after work tonight and heading up to the lake house on Grand and will be up there until next Tuesday morning. We are so looking forward to the week off and celebrating the 4th.
Wishing you all a great Wednesday.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Afternoon guys ... I dunno what's in the air but EVERYONE at work has a sinus infection. We ALL look horrible and feel worse. Thank God for antibiotics and steroids -- tho I am feeling like I am gonna need to die to get better.

I have a BUNCH of blueberries to can ... I'll probably dehydrate some too ... Have an electrician lined up to put in a new breaker box and dedicated plug (my breaker box is circa 1965 and we are looking at getting a generac so ...) but his nephews (all 4 of them teenaged boys in one family) had a car wreck and 2 of them have passed. The other 2 are seriously injured I believe. Please pray (or whatever you do) for his family. I saw him 2 days ago (the day after the accident) and almost didn't recognize him. Broke my heart. They are SUCH a closeknit family. Anyway ... Sorry for the bummer post.

And I have a bunch of poblano peppers. I'll freeze those. I have a couple questions about canning but I'll put them in the Prepper section.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back from eye surgery from yesterday and having to spend the night in the hospital. Without that cataract in my right eye, everything is much brighter now . . . so blurry that I can't see anything, but brighter. I've gotten better at putting the different types of needed eye drops in my eye, though it seems that as of right now, I may have the most bacteria-proof forehead around 😏

The operation itself went OK, I guess. It was only afterward, in post-op, that I learned that yesterday was the final day of Internship for my Ophthalmic Surgeon. I kind of wonder if he was having the same kind of thoughts during my delicate surgery that the average Joe does at his job . . . on the Friday of an upcoming four-day weekend?

Well, if the Powers-That-Be are kind, then I should be able to have the left eye worked on in a couple of weeks, and maybe finally be able to see that paper target on BB's range again. Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening,

Had a pretty busy day off today. lol
Got up early and went over to my moms to pick up our dogs. She watches them when we are in the city working.
Then my neighbor helped me install a third air tube to my boat lift. It went pretty well but took us about 3 hours to do it. Took longer than expected, of course.
Put new boards and bunks on the boat trailer and installed a backup camera to help with backing the boat trailer down the boat ramp.

Then our contractor and countertop guy came out and made templets for our new counter tops we are having installed in the kitchen. My wife it all giddy about her kitchen. We are getting new counter tops, new backsplash and having our upper kitchen cabinets painted white and all the bottoms a slate blue color. It should look nice when it is all done.

Took the wife into town for some Mexican food for dinner and then hit the range for about an hour. All in all, it was a really good day.

Hope you all had a good one as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom