OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You aren’t talking about Grumpy, are you?

Oh NO!! He KNOWS he better be bleeding from a major artery if he "needs" to wake me up. Lol

Today is doctor's appointments and gardening. AND I have a bunch of knicky-knacky shelves and stuff from Amazon I need to put together and hang up.

Stay cool, guys!! 😘

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh MY!! is it hot outside ... 😵😵 The dogs don't even wanna LOOK outside, muchless go out ... 😂
Good time to remind every dog owner that even though the pads on their paws are tough, they can still be badly burned by walking on asphalt, concrete, or in the bed of a pick-up. Good rule is, if it's too hot to keep your paw on it, it's too hot to keep their paw on it.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a pretty good day. A few close disasters that turned out to be non-events, things usually work out opposite for me.

Slow drain in the kitchen sink, ran a snake down the vent and punched it right out, easy peasy. Took like 10 minutes.
Thought an amplifier on the church PA was out, figured out today that I accidentally kicked a mute button that I didn't know existed. Punch mute button again, SOUND!
Receptionist at my mother's doctor office said someone canceled her appointment when we got there. She needed labs. They were able to get some test results from the retirement home, and get her back on the schedule, no harm done!

So it's been a busy day, but things have fallen into place SOOOO much easier than they could have! I'm not doing ANYTHING else the rest of the day....

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, if any of you guys know someone who needs some barn cats, let me know. I have a friend who took in a feral cat a month ago. It blessed her with kittens. 😳 Last week this cat brought 2 more momma cats (both with kittens) 😳😳😳 to the house with her. She is kinda panicked because she can't find a shelter or rescue that will take them -- and she doesn't know what to do with so many babies ... 😬😬😬😬😬

I'm taking in a couple -- okay maybe 3 -- of them. And yes, I had to sell what was left of my soul to Grumpy to convince him to let me take them. 😂😂😂

I'll try to get some pics and post them in the "Everything Else" ad section.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, if any of you guys know someone who needs some barn cats, let me know. I have a friend who took in a feral cat a month ago. It blessed her with kittens. 😳 Last week this cat brought 2 more momma cats (both with kittens) 😳😳😳 to the house with her. She is kinda panicked because she can't find a shelter or rescue that will take them -- and she doesn't know what to do with so many babies ... 😬😬😬😬😬

I'm taking in a couple -- okay maybe 3 -- of them. And yes, I had to sell what was left of my soul to Grumpy to convince him to let me take them. 😂😂😂

I'll try to get some pics and post them in the "Everything Else" ad section.

Too bad you're so far away. I actually do know somebody in need of a barn cat or two, but it ain't worth drivin that far to get them. Besides, I'm sure somebody will 'drop some off' for him one of these days!

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a pretty good day. A few close disasters that turned out to be non-events, things usually work out opposite for me.

Slow drain in the kitchen sink, ran a snake down the vent and punched it right out, easy peasy. Took like 10 minutes.
Thought an amplifier on the church PA was out, figured out today that I accidentally kicked a mute button that I didn't know existed. Punch mute button again, SOUND!
Receptionist at my mother's doctor office said someone canceled her appointment when we got there. She needed labs. They were able to get some test results from the retirement home, and get her back on the schedule, no harm done!

So it's been a busy day, but things have fallen into place SOOOO much easier than they could have! I'm not doing ANYTHING else the rest of the day....
I had a similar day as well, but the last two days have been disasters. I’ve been working on adding a new water line in my RV park. On Tuesday, I trenched a total of about 20 feet before I got into an electrical line. The rest of the day was spent fixing that screw up. Yesterday I trenched about 10 feet before cutting an existing water line. The rest of my day was spent fixing that screw up. Thank goodnesses, we don’t have natural gas in our area. I was really dreading getting started today, but I finally got it trenched without tearing anything else up. I would have considered that a successful day, but I also had a few other things fall into place such as finding a new tenant for one of my cabins and finalizing a lease on a commercial property. The icing on the cake was checking on a pasture to see that it finally got cut today. The guy that cuts and bales my hay has been running way behind this summer because of equipment issues. If my luck holds out, I should have bales of hay sitting in the pasture in the next couple of days.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Hello folks, it’s been a couple days since I checked in. Finished up the fiscal year then took a week off in the middle. Got slammed into the new fiscal year with budget meetings and and purchase order requests.
So, did someone say barn kitties? Spent last weekend at some dear friends place. They have a couple that are really sweet cats. They’d love to place a couple.

Latest posts

Top Bottom