OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heading back up to Grand to the lake house tonight. We have guys coming in the morning to start tearing out our kitchen countertops and prepping our cabinets to be painted. It’s going to be a long night of boxing up everything in the cabinets and moving all the appliances out of the kitchen. Fingers crossed it all goes well.
Have a great day!

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good Thursday morning all,
Well with the possibility of rain and high humidity over the next few days, we decided to put off the painting the kitchen cabinets and installing the new counter tops until after Labor Day. With all the family that we have here on the holiday weekends, we can’t take the chance of having it all tore up over Labor Day.
Disappointing but we think it’s the best decision.

Wishing everyone a great Thursday.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gonna be a slow start this morning. We dealt with a delay yesterday because of rain in the Bowie, TX area. This morning, fog is the culprit. When the fog is thick enough, the glass in front of the van's front cameras gets all wet and destroys any chance of getting good images of the roadway in front of us.

Wife is slowly getting over being fidgety.

When we finished work yesterday and while on our way to get gas in the van for today, we stopped at the "one tourist attraction" that Bowie, Texas seems to offer. The town is named after James Bowie, and they erected "the largest Bowie knife" in the world in a small park on the east side of town.

This next picture spells out clearly that Bowie, TX has nothing to do with the history of the Bowie knife. Bowie was established long after James Bowie's death at the Alamo.

Sorry, Guys and Gals. My pictures here don't compare to Dancer's images of Europe.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good Friday morning folks,
Well yesterday I was attacked by wasp and was stung a few time on the ankles and lower legs. No big deal except for the stinking pain but today my ankles are swollen and it hurts like hell every time I take a step. It will all go away in a few days but man it sucks.
I found the nest yesterday and got rid of it so no more wasp nest by the front steps.

Have a great day!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I have noticed something else that I never knew about while doing our Summer job here in north Texas. There are a fair number of "private hunting facilities" scattered around the area known as "Texoma." They are especially noticeable because they have taller, woven wire fences than most other fences in the area.

According to something the wife was reading, some seem to gear towards those wanting to hunt "exotic" animals, while others may just be gearing to those wanting to hunt deer.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I have noticed something else that I never knew about while doing our Summer job here in north Texas. There are a fair number of "private hunting facilities" scattered around the area known as "Texoma." They are especially noticeable because they have taller, woven wire fences than most other fences in the area.

According to something the wife was reading, some seem to gear towards those wanting to hunt "exotic" animals, while others may just be gearing to those wanting to hunt deer.
Have you been living under a rock? Half of Texas (only a slight exaggeration) is high fenced for “canned“ hunting. :anyone:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you been living under a rock? Half of Texas (only a slight exaggeration) is high fenced for “canned“ hunting. :anyone:

Maybe I have been "under a rock." Other than trips to Amarillo for family, some trucking I did back in the '70's, and an occasional trip across I-40 in the Panhandle, I've spent very little time in Texas.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I have been "under a rock." Other than trips to Amarillo for family, some trucking I did back in the '70's, and an occasional trip across I-40 in the Panhandle, I've spent very little time in Texas.
I was just kidding about the rock deal, but high fence ”hunting” in Texas is a huge business. I know a guy that’s paid around $40k to shoot two whitetail bucks and a red stag inside a high fence pen (25 acres), and he’s extremely proud of the animals. The crazy part is the guy is a really good hunter. :anyone:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just kidding about the rock deal, but high fence ”hunting” in Texas is a huge business. I know a guy that’s paid around $40k to shoot two whitetail bucks and a red stag inside a high fence pen (25 acres), and he’s extremely proud of the animals. The crazy part is the guy is a really good hunter. :anyone:

OK, that now begs the question....

....do you own any acreages in Texas, and do you think we could get that guy to hunt on your property?

I might be able to trap a few Prairie Dogs for him to shoot.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, that now begs the question....

....do you own any acreages in Texas, and do you think we could get that guy to hunt on your property?

I might be able to trap a few Prairie Dogs for him to shoot.
I do own land in TX, but the guy is really interested in hunting my place in OK and would probably pay me big money.

I can’t remember where you said you were in TX, but this guy has a lease up around Childress.

Latest posts

Top Bottom