OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our summer job in Texas has been interesting if nothing else. We've ran across a number of places with exhibits or monuments or even just old stuff like a former military base and POW camp. In addition, we are seeing lots of wind and solar farms. While working roads in one area, we noticed some wind towers that had brown stuff (lubricants, likely) at the top of the tower and the front of the nacelles. Some of the older towers had multiple towers with the same appearance.

Please excuse the photos as they were taken with my cell phone instead of one of my Nikons.

We are currently home with Covid, but our next area of Texas to work will be out of Greenville, TX. From an acquaintance on another forum, I learned that Greenville has a small museum related to the cotton industry and to Audie Murphy. I definitely plan to get to that museum if at all possible to get some pictures there. Both Audie Murphy and other historical things interest me a lot.

That is oil leaking from the thing.
Read here.

https://www.michigansthumb.com/news...-wind-turbines-in-the-Thumb-not-a-9150402.php

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is awesome!!! However, I now have a question....

....when you are parked at the site, how do you get to the basement on the door-side? Or is that structure out in line with the living room slide, giving you just a wee bit of space to get to the storage?

At any rate, I'm kind of jealous. When we get our RV back from getting a new roof and a few other repairs, we hope to build some kind of deck for ours. Although, we aren't likely to be moving our much any more. Ours is also a Mobile Suites. We bought it back in 2010 and thoroughly love living in it.
The porch ends at the uprights for the RV cover so there is a little over 4 feet between the RV and the porch....plenty of room to open the basement side door.....there is a walkway from the trailer to the porch that is hinged and folds up when pulling the trailer in or moving it out. Here is a pic of the moveable walkway....
IMG_1376 (1).jpg

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you’re coming down Indian Nation on Wednesday, we’ll probably pass somewhere along the way, because I’m planning to head up to my place to finish getting ready for archery season. I’ll be the guy in the dirty white Ford F-250 with three dogs and a bed full of feed.

Well, things changed. We got back to the office yesterday around 11:00 am (Monday) and the guys swapped out one server and replaced an internal hard drive in that server. Wife and I tested it then yesterday afternoon for about 2 1/2 hours. We then got to the office this morning and did another 3 hours of testing of the systems. Wife says there were no glitches, so we drove on back down to Greenville this afternoon.

Our day tomorrow will start with going down to do certification runs at a place near Terrell, TX and then work assigned roads after that. If we had waited to come back down tomorrow, probably all we would have gotten done was do the certification runs.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got roofers coming tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. and they figure nine hours or so to replace the roof........really looking forward to the noise all day.

View attachment 306023

Sounds like a good day to hang out at the range --- plus, less 'noise'!

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Evening folks,
The cabinets are painted and dry at the lake house. The new countertops get installed tomorrow.
Wife and I plan to paint the kitchen and dining room Thursday and move appliances back in Thursday afternoon.
I am installing the backsplash and under counter lighting Friday. Hopefully it I’ll all be done by Sunday.

E47E4A8B-0304-4E15-90FB-F8457FC8E5F6.jpeg
935AC788-B78D-40E7-A85E-018CCD7BD609.jpeg
6A24E386-CD24-475F-A13B-726EBC83380B.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom