OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife told me a on Saturday that my kitten PK was throwing up water and lethargic, and when I got home yesterday, it was worse than she described. I mixed up some amoxicillin into a solution and gave him two doses yesterday and one this morning, and he’s pretty much unresponsive now. I had intended to take him to the vet this morning, but I’m pretty sure I would end up paying at least a couple hundred bucks for them to tell me he’s not going to make it. I’ve put down ALOT of dogs, cats, cows, and even a couple horses, but it’s going to be tough to put down my little buddy. It hurts my heart to see him suffer though.
Oh man, I am sorry to hear this. I'm feeling for you.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife told me a on Saturday that my kitten PK was throwing up water and lethargic, and when I got home yesterday, it was worse than she described. I mixed up some amoxicillin into a solution and gave him two doses yesterday and one this morning, and he’s pretty much unresponsive now. I had intended to take him to the vet this morning, but I’m pretty sure I would end up paying at least a couple hundred bucks for them to tell me he’s not going to make it. I’ve put down ALOT of dogs, cats, cows, and even a couple horses, but it’s going to be tough to put down my little buddy. It hurts my heart to see him suffer though.

I understand completely. Your little buddy (and you) will be in my thoughts today

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man, I am sorry to hear this. I'm feeling for you.
Well, I ended up taking him to the vet, and I think I made the right decision. It appears to be a urinary tract infection, and he got a couple shots and medicine for 5 days. He’s not out of the woods yet, but it doesn’t ”appear” to be as dire as I thought.
I guess I’m getting soft as I get older… :blush:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I ended up taking him to the vet, and I think I made the right decision. It appears to be a urinary tract infection, and he got a couple shots and medicine for 5 days. He’s not out of the woods yet, but it doesn’t ”appear” to be as dire as I thought.
Just read this - glad it's working out for both of you!

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welp it's a Monday. My doctor's appointment was at 7:40 (be here 15 minutes before that) and here I sit. How can they be "a little" behind before 8 o'clock in the morning?? 🤷🤦🤦🤦
Like my Doctor, starts scheduling appointments at 8am but doesn't show up for work till 9am. Or whenever they feel like it cause your gonna sit there and wait. I have walked out and told receptionist my time was just as important as their's after 3rd time it happened.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like my Doctor, starts scheduling appointments at 8am but doesn't show up for work till 9am. Or whenever they feel like it cause your gonna sit there and wait. I have walked out and told receptionist my time was just as important as their's after 3rd time it happened.
I haven’t been to a doctor other than a vet since 2004, but my wife seems to go all the time and has the same experience with having to wait. Unfortunately, it seems to be the new normal rather than just an exception. I view it as blatant disrespect and am afraid if I was treated that way I’d be forced to show my @ss.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Ohhhh that's great news!! In case the vet didn't tell you be aware that because he developed a UTI so young he is gonna be prone to them from now on. Get him neutered as soon as he is old enough and ask the vet to recommend one of the goods especially formulated for cats like him. Here's hoping he lives oh 25 to 30 years or so!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, evidently, PK’s condition was as dire as I thought. He got progressively worse after the vet visit this morning. About an hour ago, I could tell his time was close, and so he wouldn’t suffer, I gave him a dose of the pain meds the vet gave us and held him until he passed. He’s laid to rest beside my Lab Annie and Daisy the wiener dog.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well spent 9 of the past 24 hours in the tree stand ( same one that has been good to me in the past). The bad news is I won’t be cleaning a deer today. The good news is I won’t be cleaning a deer today. I checked the other stand’s cameras. There were deer and turkey all around those stands. I chose poorly. I think I’ll try one of those stands in the morning
Well. Went to the tee stand before sunrise that I had seen the turkeys meandering on camera yesterday. Damn turkeys were roosting in and around my tree stand. Needless to say they headed out as soon as I arrived. Never saw them or a deer the rest of the morning 🫤

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, evidently, PK’s condition was as dire as I thought. He got progressively worse after the vet visit this morning. About an hour ago, I could tell his time was close, and so he wouldn’t suffer, I gave him a dose of the pain meds the vet gave us and held him until he passed. He’s laid to rest beside my Lab Annie and Daisy the wiener dog.
Sorry for your loss. It’s never easy!

Latest posts

Top Bottom