OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! It was a rough start for me, but I’m happy that I had a great meal with family. I’ve been dreading this holiday season because it’s the first one since I lost my youngest son. This morning was spent shedding some tears, but smiles and a few laughs came along this afternoon.
I can’t even imagine. Prayers sent, sir.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our Thanksgiving get-together is tomorrow. We are doing it at the wife's oldest sister's house and her family couldn't make it in until late today or early tomorrow. Not sure who all will be in attendance, but we do hope to get to see our "grand-niece" who is undergoing treatments (with good successes) for a cancerous growth near her eye and nose - - and thankfully no issues with her brain.

My wife spent today getting stuff ready for tomorrow, and our youngest son ended up having to work because someone else couldn't for today.

May the rest of y'all's weekend go great.

I'll have some chocolate chip cookies tomorrow. Wife only let me have two today.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! It was a rough start for me, but I’m happy that I had a great meal with family. I’ve been dreading this holiday season because it’s the first one since I lost my youngest son. This morning was spent shedding some tears, but smiles and a few laughs came along this afternoon.
Wow, I can’t imagine how hard this Holiday is for you. Sending prayers.
Glad you were able to have a few laughs in the afternoon.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just drove back to OKC from my Mom’s place up in Grove. We had a great day just the wife, myself and my Mom. We ate way too much, Watched some football and helped her decorate some. It was a good day.

We are leaving first thing in the morning to fly out to Orlando to catch our cruise ship Saturday. Now I am officially on vacation for a week. Heading to St. Thomas, Tortola, Puerto Plata and Great Stirrup Cay In the Eastern Caribbean.

Hoping you all had a Happy Thanksgiving.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our Thanksgiving meal today went well with good food and good company. Got to see some family members that we hadn't seen in years, although our grand-niece that is fighting cancer didn't feel up to traveling all the way down here.

Got home with a bunch of left over desserts and other stuff and noticed our son's neighbors smoking some food in their driveway. We offered them the leftover desserts (but not the chocolate chip cookies) and they accepted them. Then they showed us what they were smoking. They had a turkey in one an an alligator in the other.

Sorry, but I'll pass on alligator.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a slug most of the day eating leftovers & reading the Bible & a few other books trying finish those other books. Got to give my testimony to my son's girlfriend last night and explain to her God's plan of salvation 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Went & put the battery charger on mom's car, checked on my dog she's due to drop pups any day from an accidental breeding. They'll be 1/2 yellow black mouth cur & 1/2 lab if anyone wants one ..... Please somebody want one lol

Haven't cared to go deer hunting even though I've bought a tag & license, just lost interest this year.

I saw OkieJoe72's post about his son, like others I can't imagine & my heart goes out to that family

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening folks,

We made it to our hotel here in Port Canaveral. It’s about an hour outside of Orlando. Spent most of my free time during the travel and when we got to the hotel to get all the Secret Santa recipients sent out to all the Secret Santas for the forum. If you didn’t join in with us this year, you’re missing out.

We are getting on the ship tomorrow around noon. Looking forward to lounging by the pool and drinking lots of the foo foo drinks with the little umbrellas. LOL!!!
Oh, and going to all the late night shows on the ship. It should be fun just being with the wife. We are normally with large groups when we cruise/travel.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom