OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for me, I'm currently waiting on an email with my offer letter from the job I applied for 3 weeks ago. Got a call on Wed morning with a verbal offer. Thinking its going to help me in several ways...

Oh YES!! That is GREAT news!!

I'm doing okay. Just kinda taking it easy cuz my Monday is tomorrow. Watching a REALLY interesting documentary series about Victorio Peak. I wouldn't even know what to do if I found $28,000,000.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh YES!! That is GREAT news!!

I'm doing okay. Just kinda taking it easy cuz my Monday is tomorrow. Watching a REALLY interesting documentary series about Victorio Peak. I wouldn't even know what to do if I found $28,000,000.
Just holler at a few of us, bet we could come up with some ideas on that $28M 🤣

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@OkieJoe72 @THAT Gurl @TerryMiller @Hangfire and any others I missed, hope yall are doing better today, and recuping well, hate to see everyone having health issues. Saw a post on FB where a friend of ours from MS is awaiting open heart surgery a couple days ago, and he aint very old, 50 at max.

Thank you, Sir. Prayers go out for you as well.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you, enjoy reading about your work adventures, sounds interesting!

The company keeps growing. In fact, with regards to working with the various states, over the years it has worked with something like 27 of the 50 states and is the largest company that does this service. The company builds up vans for some states to buy and offers to use our own vans to do the work for the state. Some states have decided that keeping the van and keeping qualified employees to operate them is more difficult and are again open to having us do the work for them.

If I remember right, I think something was said that the company is looking for more drive teams, which are made up of a driver and a computer operator. Teams do not have to be husband and wife, but it seems to me that husband and wife teams tend to stick together longer. One team we have is a brother and sister team. They tried splitting up and getting other team members, but have ended up back together.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The company keeps growing. In fact, with regards to working with the various states, over the years it has worked with something like 27 of the 50 states and is the largest company that does this service. The company builds up vans for some states to buy and offers to use our own vans to do the work for the state. Some states have decided that keeping the van and keeping qualified employees to operate them is more difficult and are again open to having us do the work for them.

If I remember right, I think something was said that the company is looking for more drive teams, which are made up of a driver and a computer operator. Teams do not have to be husband and wife, but it seems to me that husband and wife teams tend to stick together longer. One team we have is a brother and sister team. They tried splitting up and getting other team members, but have ended up back together.
My wife would definitely have to be the computer operator!! Do yall basically work on road surveys to keep maps updated? Or is it more for like state DOT's, or Google or whatever?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife would definitely have to be the computer operator!! Do yall basically work on road surveys to keep maps updated? Or is it more for like state DOT's, or Google or whatever?

Clint,

The work is done for the DOT of each state. The data gives them an idea of how wide cracks in the road may be, where potholes might be, and the three forward facing cameras give them an idea of the condition of the roadway in front, signs, guard rails, rumble strips, or anything else that they want to check on. Other sensors on the rear rack take images of the actual surface of the roadway, and accelerometers give us data on how rough the roads may be.

At last year's company meeting, we learned of a couple of other things that we can do to help the DOT's. After we have collected the data, our analysts can "virtually" drive the roads, which would let them check for things the DOT have an interest in. For instance, if they are planning on resurfacing say 10 miles of road, they want to know how many driveways are intersecting with the road for those 10 miles. Our people can drive that virtually and count the driveways, which would allow the DOT to estimate how much extra asphalt they might need to make the transitions.

One state had bought some new guard rails, but found that if a vehicle hit the end of the guardrail, it would basically "split" the automobile. They gave the company the descriptions of what to look for on those guard rails, so again our analysts drove the roads virtually and counted those so the DOT could replace them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom