OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here. Don't even have insurance.
My wife and daughter are covered on my wife’s insurance through her school, but I pay for “insurance” through a Christian co-op. I’ve got friends on it too that swears it works great, but I only keep it for a “catastrophic” situation. I figure my life insurance will pay out before any health insurance.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could always take my approach and just not go. As I’ve said multiple times before, if I’m going to die tomorrow, I want to be just as surprised as everyone else. :anyone:

The benefits of that option sound pretty good at times. I have often wondered what would happen if I just quit taking all the meds they've got me on. I'm really not on all that many, but stuff like my blood pressure meds and NSAIDs I would worry about. I have had to stop my NSAIDs for a week or more at a time prior to some procedures, and I know I can really tell a difference when I have to go without them!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I stop pain management I might as well just shoot myself now and get it over with. No way am I hanging around being non-functional and hurting.

That said I've had WAY more of the world than I need today already so I'm gonna go find a book to read.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One week update:

After my medical fiasco last Thursday in which I ended up getting checked out in Mercy's emergency room, I am glad to report that my right knee (the one that got the shot) is way, way better. Wife and I got out yesterday and made three rounds in Sooner Mall and then went to Walmart for some needed items.

For a spell before getting the shot, if we went walking and then I sat at the computer for a few hours afterwards, getting up from the chair and walking was fairly painful. Not so with yesterday's experience. I was pretty much pain free.

And, my allergic reaction to the steroids has abated as well. In the past, I've always had issues with Prednisone, Kenalog, and now whatever they shot into my knee. My skin tends to get red all over (neck to foot), and I have to deal with putting on lotions to curtail the itching That is always an irritant, although the steroids tend to do the job of getting rid of the rashes, or in this case, the knee pain.

I guess I'll set an appointment to get the other knee injected. Maybe this time it won't require a hospital trip.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There’s standing/running water in my pasture, my pond is overflowing, and the creek on the back of my place is out of its banks.
I’m thankful we didn’t get the sleet and wintery mix that other parts of TX did, but the rain has been continuous all week is starting to weigh on me due to not being able to work.
The rain is supposed to stop around midnight tonight, and since the next place I’m working is sandy, I’m hoping to get my skid steer moved over there tomorrow and hopefully can start the job.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s standing/running water in my pasture, my pond is overflowing, and the creek on the back of my place is out of its banks.
I’m thankful we didn’t get the sleet and wintery mix that other parts of TX did, but the rain has been continuous all week is starting to weigh on me due to not being able to work.
The rain is supposed to stop around midnight tonight, and since the next place I’m working is sandy, I’m hoping to get my skid steer moved over there tomorrow and hopefully can start the job.

Well, I knew you weren't talking about your place up here! Send some of that water this way!
Good luck!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Platelet day

20230203_100228.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went yesterday to see if it was dry enough to start my next job, and I was thankfully able to get started this morning. I’m going to hit it hard again tomorrow and Monday before rain starts up again on Tuesday and Wednesday.
This job is basically just cleaning up ice damage from a couple years ago and many years of neglect on 160 acres.

Latest posts

Top Bottom