OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The forecast here in east TX was predicting a low of 31 last night, but from experience, it’s always colder where I live out in the country. My blackberries are full of blooms, so I covered them with a tarp. It’s 26 freaking degrees on my porch right now, and the tarp blew off a couple of my plants. I’m really hoping they didn’t get bit too bad.

Edit to add. I just check my Oklahoma cameras, and two show a low of 6 with the one by the river showing 4. :ooh2:

It was 19 degrees when I got up this morning. It’s around 27 now. I’ve got a busy day, but I’m procrastinating because I don’t want to deal with this cold stupid @$$ weather. I’m trying to convince myself to quit being a big baby.

My phone was showing 15 degrees about 0730 this morning.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening folks. For a brief moment, I thought that I was going to have a very enjoyable evening. When I walked into the bedroom, my wife was holding a can of whipping cream. I then looked down and saw four dogs sitting patiently for their turn to have it squirted in their mouth. It didn’t turn out the way I originally thought, but it was still pretty amusing.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good evening folks. For a brief moment, I thought that I was going to have a very enjoyable evening. When I walked into the bedroom, my wife was holding a can of whipping cream. I then looked down and saw four dogs sitting patiently for their turn to have it squirted in their mouth. It didn’t turn out the way I originally thought, but it was still pretty amusing.

Had she been watching YouTube videos?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I like the way that kid thinks. My dogs and two of the cats think they’re supposed to get a taste of whatever I’m eating, and 9 times out of 10 they get at least a bite. I expect dogs to act that way, but having cats do it too has been surprising. :anyone:

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I’m not sure how she got the idea. She’s been giving it to them for years. Last night, she was eating strawberries with whipping cream so that’s why they all got a treat. They all love it!

@retrieverman One of our cats loves ice cream. He jumps in my lap every time that I get a bowl, and he gets the good stuff at the bottom when I’m done.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not sure how she got the idea. She’s been giving it to them for years. Last night, she was eating strawberries with whipping cream so that’s why they all got a treat. They all love it!

@retrieverman One of our cats loves ice cream. He jumps in my lap every time that I get a bowl, and he gets the good stuff at the bottom when I’m done.
Our two older ones are indoor/outdoor cats and aren’t all that interested in people food, but the two “baby gatos“ I bottle fed last year only live in the house and are plum obnoxious about people food. If they hear a chip bag opening, it’s a race to see which one gets to lick the salt off the first chip (they really like nacho cheese doritos and bbq potato chips). They also like butter, potato salad, sour cream, whip cream, milk, green tea, turkey lunch meat, peanut butter, cheese, and well, just about everything but pickles, mustard, and ketchup. The two babies are my favorite of any animal I’ve ever raised.

MikePAC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I ran down to NW side of DFW yesterday for her friend's birthday and met them at a "little BBQ shack" (per his description). Dang good food. Her friend's 16yo daughter had a "psychotic break" last week after trying some kind of weed vape pen; they're thinking it was tampered/laced with something besides THC, possibly LSD. Everyone is hoping she recovers soon, but the effects are possibly permanent.
View attachment 357019
Sorry to hear. They came up with new diagnosis code for that. Called “cannabis Induced Psychosis!!” Not usually laced with anything. THC at Woodstock 1969 was at 7. Now they can buy from dispensary at THC of 40-45. The people that do concentrated forms of THC called “dabbing or Wax” can reach 65 THC. They have contests around the country to see who can consume the most. Big money, people are overdosing on pot now. I had a patient tell me what “doing WET” means. They roll a marijuana cigarette (joint), dip it in Formaldehyde, let it dry, then smoke it. No one under 25 should touch Cannabis ever IMO. I take care of some young people on high dose anti-psychotic meds who now hear voices and see hallucinations all day long. They just did pot, not laced with anything!! Praying for your friends daughter to make a full and speedy recovery!

Latest posts

Top Bottom