OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here’s my rant for the day. I’m going to start by saying some people are complete idiots, and those people can really annoy the snot out of me. The wind was blowing pretty steady today at around 25 to 30 mph with gusts way higher than that. A customer of mine decided that he wanted to take his boat out of his storage unit. Somehow, the wind caused the door to start closing while he was driving out, and he ripped the door off the frame. I know it was an accident, but a little common sense would have been something to use today. I spent the afternoon fighting the wind while getting the door semi secured. I’ll be spending my Saturday morning getting it fixed right. Rant over except to say that idiots should stay home on windy days.

Maybe while fixing the door properly, you might just "accidentally" drop an axe into the bottom of his boat?

Nah....

....I didn't say that, did I?

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, I see a lot of idiots up here on Grand forgetting that they are pulling a boat and tear them up or don’t know how to launch them. I love to just sit in my golf cart at the boat ramp and watch all the newbies trying to launch and load their boats. It’s pretty amazing how many boat owner don’t know a damn thing about boats. LOL!

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, I see a lot of idiots up here on Grand forgetting that they are pulling a boat and tear them up or don’t know how to launch them. I love to just sit in my golf cart at the boat ramp and watch all the newbies trying to launch and load their boats. It’s pretty amazing how many boat owner don’t know a damn thing about boats. LOL!
It’s the exact same down here. The stupidity doesn’t usually get started until around Memorial Day. I guess that this guy was just trying to beat the rush. He thought that it would be a good day to take his boat home and get it ready for summer.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid, my grandma fished literally every day of the week. She bought a boat finally and invited my sister and I to go to the lake with her for the inaugural ride.
She backed into the boat ramp pretty good as she was a farm girl, took off the winch rope and tried to launch. She danged near had the back of the car in the water and the boat still wouldn't get off the trailer.
Tried the power launch where one backs down quickly and hits the brakes to unload that way.
Still no success.
Guy walks over after watching and says, you might want to remove those straps off the back of the boat, and walked away.
It worked!
She fished even when she couldn't walk without a walker, driving up to the old marina at Lake Ponca which was rock walls and fishing from the front seat of her car by sitting sideways in the seat.
The folks at the bait shop knew her horn when she beeped, coming out to get her minnow bucket and get her bait. She was a hoot. I have a zillion stories about that old gal.
As a boat owner of around 40 years or so, I still see folks doing that as well as forgetting to put the drain plugs in.
There is a youtube video out there of some young guys with a table at a launch ramp on a lake during a holiday offering to launch/load your boat for a beer. They got lots of beers.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I used to watch them launch at Eufaula at a dirt boat ramp. :lmfao::spitlaugh

Latest posts

Top Bottom