OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here‘s a few pictures of what it was like on Grand lake yesterday. Luckily we didn’t have any damage on our docks or boats. Whew!

4F66E8D2-7C3C-43A7-9F60-182F1714F68B.jpeg

4C916168-DB0D-457D-BF5C-A1E6089E74AB.jpeg

317E4039-DD75-424A-8C81-98A18B14930C.jpeg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^Wow!!!^^^^

I'm not so sure the waterfowl would even want to be on that water.

We went and did our normal walk at the mall this morning, and then this afternoon, I put on my wet bandana and sprayed Spectracide Bug Stop all around every point on the ground where things on the RV made contact. I do that every year to prevent ants from finding ways into the RV.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^Wow!!!^^^^

I'm not so sure the waterfowl would even want to be on that water.

We went and did our normal walk at the mall this morning, and then this afternoon, I put on my wet bandana and sprayed Spectracide Bug Stop all around every point on the ground where things on the RV made contact. I do that every year to prevent ants from finding ways into the RV.
Great Idea. I need to do that while we are back home. Haven't had the ant issue yet, but sure it could happen. That would be good, cheap insurance.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got here in the dark last night, headed back to OKC in the dark this morning, and got back to my house in the dark this evening. I spent the day at the Oklahoma Blood Trackers seminars at Arcadia lake and had a great time.
I’m going to be looking for morels tomorrow, but I’m not getting my hopes up.
My insurance agent said that catfish have already moved back up into the river, so I’m going to try to verify that information. I bet the water is going to be pretty chilly for wading.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got here in the dark last night, headed back to OKC in the dark this morning, and got back to my house in the dark this evening. I spent the day at the Oklahoma Blood Trackers seminars at Arcadia lake and had a great time.
I’m going to be looking for morels tomorrow, but I’m not getting my hopes up.
My insurance agent said that catfish have already moved back up into the river, so I’m going to try to verify that information. I bet the water is going to be pretty chilly for wading.
Waters not that bad for wading. I've been in the Arkansas river, wading for sand bass. Going back tomorrow. Going to be in the mid 70's.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
C3C1F0DA-D9FB-4D2F-848E-34D087FF0738.jpeg

Ignore the picture. It’s a decoy in case my wife is looking over my shoulder. I almost really screwed up today that I would still be dealing with 10 to 20 years from now. It’s my wife’s birthday, and I didn’t remember until mid morning. Luckily, I was able to cover up my mistake…I think. After getting my work done this morning, I told her that I had a special afternoon and evening planned for us. We ended up in Guthrie, and I took her to a small jewelry store where she picked out a nice silver bracelet. She likes jewelry similar to how I like guns so she was pretty happy when we left. Afterwards, we had a nice steak supper, and we’ve been enjoying a lazy night at a hotel before we head back home tomorrow. I’ve now got an annual reminder set up on my calendar app for her birthday. It was a close call, but I think that all is good.

Edited to add: Up until yesterday afternoon, I was planning on going to the Blood Trackers seminars that Retrieverman had told me about. It’s funny how life works out at times. Because of damage done to a rental unit, I wasn’t able to go this morning. As a result, it was a blessing in disguise.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 363541
Ignore the picture. It’s a decoy in case my wife is looking over my shoulder. I almost really screwed up today that I would still be dealing with 10 to 20 years from now. It’s my wife’s birthday, and I didn’t remember until mid morning. Luckily, I was able to cover up my mistake…I think. After getting my work done this morning, I told her that I had a special afternoon and evening planned for us. We ended up in Guthrie, and I took her to a small jewelry store where she picked out a nice silver bracelet. She likes jewelry similar to how I like guns so she was pretty happy when we left. Afterwards, we had a nice steak supper, and we’ve been enjoying a lazy night at a hotel before we head back home tomorrow. I’ve now got an annual reminder set up on my calendar app for her birthday. It was a close call, but I think that all is good.

Edited to add: Up until yesterday afternoon, I was planning on going to the Blood Trackers seminars that Retrieverman had told me about. It’s funny how life works out at times. Because of damage done to a rental unit, I wasn’t able to go this morning. As a result, it was a blessing in disguise.
Whew!!!!! That was a close one. LOL.
So glad everything worked out and she had a nice birthday.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My nephew and I got the show steers dropped off at the processor, so I have a couple weeks to locate and acquire another freezer.

I’m still texting and talking to the firemen trying to get the fire put out on my place, but it sounds like they’ve about got it under control.

Alfalfa county OK can’t buy rain, but my place here in east TX has got over 3” in the last 24 hours.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My nephew and I got the show steers dropped off at the processor, so I have a couple weeks to locate and acquire another freezer.

I’m still texting and talking to the firemen trying to get the fire put out on my place, but it sounds like they’ve about got it under control.

Alfalfa county OK can’t buy rain, but my place here in east TX has got over 3” in the last 24 hours.
Yeah, saw the weather guys tonight put all of the northern counties from Osage County to the west as severe drought status.

Latest posts

Top Bottom