OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We pretty much stay home on the armature weekends on area lakes.
Went to the Marina at Kaw to visit with some friends that have a houseboat berthed there.
We watched a group in a 24' pontoon try to get between a gap on the bank and one of the arms of the marina. They ripped a gash about 6' long in one of the pontoons when hitting the dock corner.
A bit later, some guy in a big cruiser came through the no wake zone rolling a 3' wake behind him wanting some fuel.
After a 10 minute butt chewing by the marina manager, the boat owners that had boats in the slips got their turn. Almost came to blows, but he got his fuel and had a zero wake leaving.
Enough for us and came home.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning all. Wishing you all a great Memorial Day!

IMG_7006.jpeg

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening folks, I’ve been trying to isolate a problem with the tilt/trim on my small fishing boat for the last couple of weeks. I finally had a little free time this afternoon, and I tracked the problem down to a wire that had pulled loose from a wire connector between the remote tilt/trim switch and the up/down relays. I can’t explain how much I love that sound of the outboard going up and down again. I really missed it! The boat is a 1989 Venture Stallion with a Johnson SPL 88 outboard. She’s no beauty queen, but it’s probably the most reliable boat that I’ve ever owned. It fires right up, idles good, and it will scoot across the lake at a pretty good pace. Overall, it was a good day.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m in a quandary this afternoon. My daughter is heading up to Norman tomorrow to go to the OU softball game and meet her roommates for the first time, and I was going to follow her up since this is her first time to drive herself that far. I had been intending to come up to check on my house and mow the yard anyway, so it made sense. However, I just looked at the forecast, and it’s supposed to rain starting tomorrow until Monday. I sure hate to drive 500 miles to not get any of my chores done and have to just sit in the house. :anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m in a quandary this afternoon. My daughter is heading up to Norman tomorrow to go to the OU softball game and meet her roommates for the first time, and I was going to follow her up since this is her first time to drive herself that far. I had been intending to come up to check on my house and mow the yard anyway, so it made sense. However, I just looked at the forecast, and it’s supposed to rain starting tomorrow until Monday. I sure hate to drive 500 miles to not get any of my chores done and have to just sit in the house. :anyone:
It's going to be raining there pretty hard it looks like in the next hour or so.
One of our farm ponds that's almost dry is in the direct path if the storms don't peter out before getting there. We need some good runoff rain to fill that pond up before summer.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could pack up your fishing gear and play hooky for a couple of days. Just tell your wife that you didn’t look at the forecast before you left. She probably won’t buy it, but it’s worth a shot.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning all,
Well the wife and I woke up this morning in a tree house. LOL! This is our Anniversary weekend and I booked us a treehouse to stay in here in Eureka Springs, AR. It’s pretty damn nice.
Last night we visited the haunted Cresent Hotel for a walking tour. The history and the ghost stories were pretty interesting. The tour was really good. Then we ate at the restaurant there at the hotel. The food was excellent.
Plans for today are to go hiking and then into town for shopping. We have dinner reservations at the Grotto Steak and wine bar tonight. That should be fun. The restaurant is underground in a cave.
Have a great day!

Latest posts

Top Bottom