OSA Deer Donation Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bumping a great idea. No idea how much season is left or how many deer have been donated, but I hope this went well. I also hope one day to be able to donate. Just need to get my health back and someone willing to teach an old fart.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a great thing you're doing.

If anyone can't find someone to take their deer on OSA, i believe Oklahoma has a Hunters for Hungry program where you can donate your deer to feed the hungry.

https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/hunting/processors/hah

Hunters who legally harvest a deer during any of this year’s deer seasons can donate the meat to feed hungry Oklahomans. Simply deliver the deer to the nearest participating meat processor (listed below) after you check the deer at a hunter check station. To help with processing charges, each donator is asked to contribute a tax-deductible $10 to assist with the program. That fulfills your obligation unless you wish to pay the entire processing fee, which is a tax-deductible donation as well. The ground venison will then be distributed to the needy through a network of qualified, charitable organizations.

Participation by meat processors and hunters is the key to success to helping feed Oklahoma’s hungry. We also would like to pay a special thanks to local food pantry networks of the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma and the Community Food Bank of eastern Oklahoma for their participation.

as a single guy i could never use the entire deer, but i heard they let you keep part of the deer if you ask and donate the rest.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Problem this year is there are no processors in North Central Ok this year. I was told today that they are processing beef and so far behind that if you want one butchered, they are up to late November on the waiting lists. Zero hunters feeding the hungry processors in this area which is sad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom