OSA Deer Donation Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't need any deer meat. My freezer is still full of elk.
I will be deer hunting and have one member wanting one and another family friend that has been getting a deer for 20 some years now that will get hers.
I hunt a DMAP, we have to kill 40 does a year on the property.
I kill, field dress, and deliver it to a processor in Tonkawa for you to pick up after you tell them your processing instructions, unless you want to come to the intersection of I-35 and Hwy 60 west of Ponca City to get the field dressed deer transferred to your vehicle. You can take it to the processor of your choice that way. It will be washed down internally and packed with Ice.
I can assure you any processor you select anywhere in the state won't be better than the one in Tonkawa. He vacuum seals the meat, doesn't just wrap it. Lasts for two years or more.
Some of the requests have been a fiasco in years past wanting front door delivery of processed meat.
This thread/offer is a favor to those that can't get out for their own hunts. Free meat for some fuel and time.
I don't have any issues getting rid of the deer we kill under the same rules, so if your a member and want some just let me know.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't need any deer meat. My freezer is still full of elk.
I will be deer hunting and have one member wanting one and another family friend that has been getting a deer for 20 some years now that will get hers.
I hunt a DMAP, we have to kill 40 does a year on the property.
I kill, field dress, and deliver it to a processor in Tonkawa for you to pick up after you tell them your processing instructions, unless you want to come to the intersection of I-35 and Hwy 60 west of Ponca City to get the field dressed deer transferred to your vehicle. You can take it to the processor of your choice that way. It will be washed down internally and packed with Ice.
I can assure you any processor you select anywhere in the state won't be better than the one in Tonkawa. He vacuum seals the meat, doesn't just wrap it. Lasts for two years or more.
Some of the requests have been a fiasco in years past wanting front door delivery of processed meat.
This thread/offer is a favor to those that can't get out for their own hunts. Free meat for some fuel and time.
I don't have any issues getting rid of the deer we kill under the same rules, so if your a member and want some just let me know.
Any of you guys that do not hunt and want some venison, this is a heck of a deal. Take Dennis and the others up on it.

I would but the best I can get the wife to accept is some ground venison every now and then. I do like to joke about getting backstrap but if I ever did, I would have to eat it when the wifey was gone. :P :P :P

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update, the processor in Tonkawa is not doing deer this year. The only other processor is being overwhelmed and not taking any more deer.
There is an individual licensed to process deer in this area, but I wouldn't send my worst enemy to that person.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right as we got sick hunter966 gave us a deer and I finally had the strength to unpack it and see what he gave us. A bunch of 2lb packages of ground venison and a whole backstrap! :drooling::drooling::drooling:

I see lots of venison chili, stew and burgers in my future. Some great low carb meals. The backstrap I need to partly thaw and cut into portions since the wife will not eat it but I sure will!

Thank you hunter966.

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can lets keep this going. Lots of families out there having issues with high grocery prices. Many food banks will take any excess game meat you have along with any extra fresh veggies. Heck I am trying to figure out how I can go hunting so I can maybe get enough to donate.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's "possible" that I may have an extra deer this weekend in the Okemah area if anyone here is interested. Of course, this is how I jinx myself to not seeing any deer! I'd prefer it be someone more in the "need it" line than in the "want it" line. There's a small chance if I took one on Saturday night that it'd stay cool enough where I could bring to the OKC area on my way home instead of Okemah but if one is shot on Friday or Saturday morning then it'd likely have to be done locally or I drop off at processor in Weleetka then you pay the costs(approx $100) and have to go pick it up.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just wanted to give a shout out to our resident venison pusher, you know who you are! :P

Seriously one member has given us about 10 lbs ground venison every year for the last 3 or 4 years. I will not post who unless he clears it but thank you, thank you, thank you. It really does help, and taste good too. The dogs also loved the bones.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Huh, guess I’ll throw this out there… is anyone planning to have an extra doe? Maybe during holiday antlerless?

Myself, the wife, and 3 kids all LOVE venison. I do my own processing, I enjoy butchering. I would happily take a field dressed carcass, would be willing to drive a ways to meet. It wouldn’t be wasted!

I haven’t shot a deer since 2020. I don’t have very good connections on land at the moment. I have very limited places to hunt.

I’d say we’re closer to the “need” it category not just “want” it. Single income young family, wife is a stay at home mom. I do ok, we ain’t dirt poor, but free meat definitely helps!

Latest posts

Top Bottom