OSA Hat UPDATE - Mailing Out on 5/14/2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a notice to those who will be receiving an OSA Hat pursuant to my thread of May 12 concerning the limited availability of these fine hats: Barring an emergency, they will go out in the mail in the morning. I hope everyone is pleased with their new high quality headgear; you should receive it within a couple of days.

In full disclosure, the previous owner of this forum had gone to a lot of trouble to personally buy a whole bunch of these hats. However, it is my suspicion that he didn't factor in the "hassle factor" in his effort to do a good thing for the OSA community. I now more fully understand that; I just finished boxing up a whole great big pile of hats, addressing them all, and securing each with packing tape to prevent loss or pilferage of these highly prized items. It was menial clerk-work, and very much time consuming as well; however, it was done knowing that I was helping these hats go to established, participating members who mean a lot to our forum. A forum like this, after all, is only as good as we collectively make it. Everyone who participated is a good member; that doesn't mean I always agreed with or liked what you might have to say, but hey...that's okay, you are still valued, even when you are wrong! (LOL). Some of you will be sporting your new lid by the weekend. You can profile on Saturday night and impress the ladies, proudly adorned with an OSA Hat.

Anyway, back to my original purpose: I recently discussed the topic of OSA hats with this person, the former owner, and with the help of my good buddy, Surjimmy, who met with him and picked them up for me in Tulsa and brought them back to OKC and delivered them to me, I took possession of them from him in order to (1). Get them out of his hair, as I know he is a very busy man, and (2). To allow me to take on the responsibility to see that they be put to good use.

I thought I was gonna get like maybe 10-12 hats, if I was lucky. Wrong. I got a bit more than that. Significantly more. So I had to figure out a way to use them in order to make an effort to strengthen the community aspect of OSA... I think that's our forum's real value; as a community of like-minded firearms enthusiasts, not a bunch of clowns here only to sell overpriced junk to unsuspecting noobs Armslist-style. So anyway, as I have a large and powerful brain, I commenced to ponderin' and came up with the idea to just give a bunch of them away (you had to pay postage cause I am old and poor). This was just an initial way to get some OSA Hats in the hands and on the heads of some contributing members who were truly interested and happened to be on OSA when I announced their limited availability on May 12, or who come on often enough to happen to see the thing about the hats.

I still have some OSA Hats, but now, I am going to devise a different way to use them; and in no way will it be for my profit, oh no freakin' way. I got them on the condition I would put them to good use, and that did not include me making a profit off the other gentleman's generosity. So basically, no, you CANNOT BUY ONE FROM ME.

I had the privilege of being a Moderator here for two years. Some folks told me I did a good job; others sent me threats, wanted to beat me with a stick, wished me ill and a short, and dismal life...oh well. (You suck if you were one of those bums any way). Whatever, it allowed me to help sometimes, believe it or not. I have enjoyed OSA from the time I joined, I have made many fine friends here, and I have done many fine buys, sells and trades. It's a great Local-Flavored Gun Forum. so, participate; contribute, be a part of the community. If you can help someone out, do it. Maybe take a Look at the "Pay It Forward" Section...now there's a nice way to help out your fellow OSA Members for sure, and who knows...you might find an OSA hat in your Christmas Stocking or hidden inside a plastic Easter Egg or something.

Hey! I know! There's an Eat and Shoot coming up soon...yeah! That's the ticket! Might be a good idea to be there. ENS are a great way to build community and establish friendships. And maybe even...get a new hat. Who knows...

In closing, how about a round of applause for old JB? If he hadn't initially done what he did, we would be, in large part, a hatless bunch. Yay JB!

Last edited:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So anyway, As I have a large and powerful brain, I commenced to ponderin'

:pms2: The human body parts were arguing who was going to be boss, the legs wanted to be boss because they took man where he went, the eyes wanted to be boss because they saw where man went, the brain wanted to be boss because it controlled the other 2 parts.. Well the bunghole pipes up and says it wants to be boss, well the other body parts all laughed.. So the hole slammed shut as tight as a clam and after a while the legs got weak, the eyes went crosseyed and the brain got foggy.. Ya ain't got to be a brain to be boss just a :Heya:

Thank you for your fine work Sir..

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A big thanks goes out to JB for purchasing the hats in the first place for our members but an even bigger thanks to you @druryj for taking the initiative for getting the hats and offering them to us. This is why I love this forum. We have great Admins, moderators and the best members.
:thanku::thanku::thanku:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So, where can I get my Armslist hat...
Just kidding! Joel, thanks for doing this.
We ARE a community thanks to the members looking out for everyone here.
Oh and about this ENS. Everyone needs to check it out and follow along in the gun range/club section.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom