OSA lowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still have mine with nothing on it yet. Sad to hear they are no longer in business. Was thinking about getting parts for it from Rise, you know, make an Okie AR (as much as I can at least). But I heard from one LGS that Rise is having issues with quality control. Apparently the guy in charge of quality control quit because he was forced to allow triggers with defects "pass" inspection so they would have products to ship. Take it for what its worth, but that is the word around the camp fire at least.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lost the interest in design 17 when I found out it was the same person who owned 2 vet arms some years back. They struck a deal with a big box store, pumped out a bunch of subpar ARs then vanished when warranty requests started coming in.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you do have a forged lower. The forged have the F in serial number and won't have a threaded bolt catch pin hole.
Oh, good. I used a RISE Armaments LPK with a regular pin for the bolt catch so I'm glad I didn't screw it up.

One thing about my lower--it's acting like a Steyer AUG and not accepting anything but Pmag 3s. Luckily, this is going to be a target rifle so I'm not too worried about magazines. I may just buy a few more 10 round mags so they'll be easy to swap out when on a bipod or lead sled.

Latest posts

Top Bottom