OSA member & Great Guy gone too soon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, only about 43 years old. How very sad for his loved ones. If it was not an accident or something I wonder if he recently got vaccinated? My good friend had a 'massive stroke' about 4 or 5 weeks after his second shot...
Don't know for certain, but heard that it may have been a bee sting.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know for certain, but heard that it may have been a bee sting.
OK thanks. A lot of people don't know a sting can kill someone who's allergic to it. I don't know if I still am allergic, but the last time I was stung on my big toe (age 8 or 9), my face swelled up almost closing my eyes and I had a hard time breathing.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
OK thanks. A lot of people don't know a sting can kill someone who's allergic to it. I don't know if I still am allergic, but the last time I was stung on my big toe (age 8 or 9), my face swelled up almost closing my eyes and I had a hard time breathing.

The reaction usually increases in severity with each sting occurrence.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The reaction usually increases in severity with each sting occurrence.

I know a fellow who keeps honey bees and has been stung numerous times with no problem. All at once, a couple of years ago, he was out tending hives by himself and got stung. He started swelling up, having difficulty breathing, and about didn't make it back to his truck. He had to drive himself to the ER because he had never carried an Epipen. He carries one now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom