OSA members helping OSA members.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some may recall that I purchased a 25 year old unfired Marlin 60 .22 LR rifle here a few weeks ago and it was suggested, even though it was unfired, that I change out the plastic factory recoil buffer because they were prone to to get brittle and crack as they age.....plus I didn't care much for the factory trigger pull and found trigger spring replacement kits for the Marlin 60's online.

With me being admittedly mechanically challenged and knowing that @Catt57 had several Marlin 60's I sent him a PM and ask him if changing out the buffer and installing a trigger spring kit was as complicated as some of the videos appeared to make it look (at least to me).

He said it wasn't all that complicated but if I wanted to just bring the rifle to him one evening and that he would be happy to do it for me.

I went to his home last night and he spent probably 1 1/2 hours changing out the recoil buffer and installing the trigger spring kit while we shot the bull and him showing me some of his many .22 LR rifles.

@Catt57 took time away from his family and normal evening schedule to help me and I greatly appreciate it.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some may recall that I purchased a 25 year old unfired Marlin 60 .22 LR rifle here a few weeks ago and it was suggested, even though it was unfired, that I change out the plastic factory recoil buffer because they were prone to to get brittle and crack as they age.....plus I didn't care much for the factory trigger pull and found trigger spring replacement kits for the Marlin 60's online.

With me being admittedly mechanically challenged and knowing that @Catt57 had several Marlin 60's I sent him a PM and ask him if changing out the buffer and installing a trigger spring kit was as complicated as some of the videos appeared to make it look (at least to me).

He said it wasn't all that complicated but if I wanted to just bring the rifle to him one evening and that he would be happy to do it for me.

I went to his home last night and he spent probably 1 1/2 hours changing out the recoil buffer and installing the trigger spring kit while we shot the bull and him showing me some of his many .22 LR rifles.

@Catt57 took time away from his family and normal evening schedule to help me and I greatly appreciate it.

Well now you've gone and done it. Now people are going to think I'm such a nice guy. It's going to make it hard to keep up the facade that I'm a grouchy guy that don't want nuttin to do wit nobody.

Really though, it was my pleasure. Thank you.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a great face to face with Tim a few months ago.

We ended up talking loooong after the transaction was done.

Hope to see him again.....

BTW, we solved most of the problems of the world :)

Oh Yeah? Then how come Biden got elected? Asking for a friend.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The same place detent pins and springs and stuff goes.
Detent.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom