OSA plumbers, I need help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Plumbers looked at the pic. Is the lead still in the neck of the hole? That could be pealed out they said and that would get you some room. They also said that flange may not be ideal and that an expanding flange might be better. Part number coming for you to check out…

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the picture is that a pipe inside of another pipe?
Did someone in the past break one off and leave it?
You can get a reducer or build one with some different PVC pipes.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks like a pvc pipe sleeved inside of another down to the turn. No lead in here anymore, I cut the old flange out, was broke. Headed to ACE to see what they have.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Montessa's right. It shouldn't be sitting on tile. You should get a screwdriver out and pop some of those up so it has room to sit flat on the floor. Up off the floor like that, screwed through the tile, it's bound to wobble at the least, and leak at the worst. Just my 2 cents.
Problem is, the floor is a little uneven from past work. I broke out the concrete and redid it, but the tile/mortar made everything perfectly level and even. Should I still try and mount it on the less than even floor?

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Problem is, the floor is a little uneven from past work. I broke out the concrete and redid it, but the tile/mortar made everything perfectly level and even. Should I still try and mount it on the less than even floor?
It needs to be pretty flat and solid to hold up and not develop a leak. Not flawless but you want to it be strong and not move around at all. Nothing worse than tightening your toilet bolts and have the flange pull up or something.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I found the right flange, cut the tile out, drilled the holes with the exact size (and even suggested brand) of masonry bit, used the correct concrete fasteners, and the fasteners didn’t grab in the holes. Fell right through. I can’t catch a break.
FDF19CC7-6767-403A-9307-D12032CB61EE.jpeg

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I found the right flange, cut the tile out, drilled the holes with the exact size (and even suggested brand) of masonry bit, used the correct concrete fasteners, and the fasteners didn’t grab in the holes. Fell right through. I can’t catch a break. View attachment 284631
This is how plumbing attempts ALWAYS go for me... you almost sound surprised? :rollingla

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have messed with some very brittle concrete and ended up using silicone II to fasten the
round flange into the existing pipe and fasten the flat flange onto the concrete.
There is also a concrete anchor epoxy you can try.

I set hundreds of toilets on tile floors and no issues.
You can get plastic toilet shims for keeping the toilet level.
After the toilet is set I caulk around the base of the toilet and let that all set up before using it.

That way it will not rock and it will stay stuck for decades.

I do not use that shrinking caulk. Usually a silicone or elastomeric.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
need to take same diameter pvc pipe and get some high strength grout or floor patch or pour rock and grout back to diameter of pipe as it drys slowly twist stub of pipe so it will come out after dry. ive had to cut it out before. then set flange drill for tapcons just drill once dont pump bit up and down. suck out drill holes with vac if you want then gently run tapcons in. we used to do last 1/4 or 1/2 turn with big #3 phillips screwdriver. done many times should take care of it

Latest posts

Top Bottom