OSA Secret Santa Gift Exchange 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
grinchsmall20heart.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not trying to be the redneck grammar nazi, but it's skeert. :laugh6:

I was glad to learnt that Cowcatcher was skeert, as he oughter be, as that there Annie is one of the plain meanerist of wimmins there is. Yep, she surely is. But I was even more gladder to see that you have the reins of redneck parlay firmly in hand. Maybe you kin learn them sumpin’.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was glad to learnt that Cowcatcher was skeert, as he oughter be, as that there Annie is one of the plain meanerist of wimmins there is. Yep, she surely is. But I was even more gladder to see that you have the reins of redneck parlay firmly in hand. Maybe you kin learn them sumpin’.

I'll have to take him across the bob ware fence for some crap-i fishun.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have to take him across the bob ware fence for some crap-i fishun.

You guys are crackin me up. My first year of college was at Umass of Amherst. No one could figure out where I was from as I do not have an Okie accent (mom was from Ohio, my dad was a navy brat until my grandpa retired and he finished high school in Ft. Towson). They all thought everyone from OK spoke like that and refused to believe me when I told them. I lost my DL on the trip to Amherst from Boston so I had no proof until after Christmas when I got home and replaced it. Now every time I see/hear talk like that it brings me back to how some of my Northern friends said I should talk if I was from OK.

*edit* I was born just outside of Chanute AFB in Urbana, IL but raised in the Norman/Moore area since the age of 3.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are crackin me up. My first year of college was at Umass of Amherst. No one could figure out where I was from as I do not have an Okie accent (mom was from Ohio, my dad was a navy brat until my grandpa retired and he finished high school in Ft. Towson). They all thought everyone from OK spoke like that and refused to believe me when I told them. I lost my DL on the trip to Amherst from Boston so I had no proof until after Christmas when I got home and replaced it. Now every time I see/hear talk like that it brings me back to how some of my Northern friends said I should talk if I was from OK.

*edit* I was born just outside of Chanute AFB in Urbana, IL but raised in the Norman/Moore area since the age of 3.
I went to An Army school in Ft Monmouth NJ. Those folks that are native to there couldn't hardly understand what I was saying.
I was shopping at a department store once, and answered the lady checking me out where upon she said you're from Oklahoma with a huge smile on her face. Turned out she was from Ks and moved to Asbury Park NJ to be near her son that was in the coast guard at the time in that area. She was happy to hear the redneck okie accent.
I spent 30 some weeks there going to school, and when returning home on leave at the end, my friends and family in Oklahoma said I sounded like a damned yankee.
I had to relearn okie speak.......

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, them Northerners sure talk weird.

Mebbe the dang cold up there affects their brain...you know, sorta freezes some of it for a period of time? I had an uncle that happened to long time ago. Momma said he was never right after he got lost in that blizzard when he and grandad got drunk out by the still and spent the better part of 3 days in the cold; mostly sleepin' off the dronk in their long johns only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom